Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Don't Want To Tell Anyone I'm Considering Lapband

Skuzzie. Why are you having a second band?What worries me if that the surgery won't work or there will be complication.

I am choosing not to tell anyone! I just didnt want to deal with all the comments. Friends of ours had it done a husband and wife and although they don't stay on program, people are their food police at parties BBQ etc., I told my hubby just me and you are in this. Funny thing is because I'm taking off work for two weeks my boss wants a doctors note. The office said I'll write whatever you want us to write. Hope it doesn't leak out. Good luck!!

I agree. I told my husband and then finally told my daughter and that was it. It is my personal business. I just told others I had a hiatal hernia and needed surgery and that was it.

I looked at it a while ago but didn't say anything to anyone. But my mom asked me if I have ever thought about wls almost a month ago and after she asked that I have ran with it.

I was scared to tell people around me because it is very personal decision. As of late however I have become very open to my friends and family with my decision

Before you tell people is this is what you need to do. But do your research and talk to us as we have all been there and all had differant experiances. Im going in fir my second band on friday 30th and my other boss was fishing for what surgery i was having i just said it was a female issue and id prefer not to say

You say you are having your second band...did you look into the Sleeve? If I could do it again I would do the sleeve instead, knowing what I know now. I thought I needed the choice of removal. That's why I chose the band over the sleeve. I hope your surgery goes well.

I feel that way I had my lap band done on the 26 of nov and my husband has made it a point to tell everyone in the county including his co workers after I told him I didn't want everyone to know. He gets his band done December 27 and he has told everyone about his which is fine if he wants them to know his business but just notice. How do I make him understand my feelings

Yes, I am glad I kept it on the "low down" people don't understand . . . they think you wake up from surgery magically THIN

I feel there is a stigma attached to it an that some view it as an easy way out. They do not understand that it's not only the surgery but that there is a commitment to special diets and exercise. It's just an extra tool to help.

For me this has been a very personal decision. I have struggled with my weight for years an years. I have tried almost every diet and pill under the sun.

I have been married to my husband for 16 years and he has never had to struggle with weight- he could eat a box of ho-ho's and lose weight. I have kept pretty quiet about my weight bothering me and he has never mentioned it. I got the nerve to approach him and talk to him about the surgery. He seems to be ok with it. I have stressed to him how I only want him and my parents to know. I hope he keeps my wish.

I go for my consultation on Tuesday. I did the seminar several weeks ago. I hit a hiccup last week- my pcp won't write me a letter because she doesn't believe in weight loss surgery. So I'm gonna have to find a new pcp to help me.

Actually I feel the same way. I am not telling anyone. Only my mom, dad and my sis know ;)

Good luck!

I get banded Dece 4!

Actually I feel the same way. I am not telling anyone. Only my mom' date=' dad and my sis know ;)

Good luck!

I get banded Dece 4![/quote']

Congratulations:) I have to go thru 6 months per insurance so I have awhile- but merry christmas to u! Great gift to give itself!

Merry Christmas indeed!

Three children, husband, and bf know. Best decision I ever made to not tell anyone. I'm just learning and I dont want to explain things while I'm just learning myself.

I feel that way I had my lap band done on the 26 of nov and my husband has made it a point to tell everyone in the county including his co workers after I told him I didn't want everyone to know. He gets his band done December 27 and he has told everyone about his which is fine if he wants them to know his business but just notice. How do I make him understand my feelings

He is just proud of your decision... Don't be mad at him, my husband is average weight but he did the same thing, I told him I just would be comfortable telling a few people and he told everyone we know....lol. It actually worked in my favor. Everyone was super supportive and I found by telling everyone it helped me stay on track because while I was self motivated... Knowing people will be looking for the "loss" made me want to succeed that much more. Also I didn't have to explain why I was on liquids for 2 weeks pre and 3 weeks post op... They already knew.

I am down within spitting distance of my goal and the compliments, kudos and accolades are pretty nice to hear. Turns out hubby was just so excited for me... He wanted to tell the world. Now I can be his arm candy and enjoy his attentions.

Hi everyone, Can someone please help me, im fairly new to this site.

I am 24 years old, have had my Gallbladder removed last year and diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome). Ever simce my gallbladder surgery i have gained a lot of weight. I have always been on the heavier side but not as much. Currently i am 220 pounds and my height is 5'1. I have doctors appointment on the 5th for a consultation for the lap band. Can someone please give me advise? I really want to do this my husband is supporting me 100%. Im just afraid because i have heard a lot of negative things about the band.

Thank you in advance

I've told my husband and mom and one friend. I talked to another friend while I was just considering it, but she didn't seem too supportive, so I haven't talked about it again with her. It's a very personal choice. You can only tell the people you really think will support whatever is best for you without worrying about how your life changes will effect them. Wishing you the best!

I have 2 friends to this day lie about gastric bypass being done . All of a sudden they lost all this weight . My one friend said she had her gall bladder out. I felt betrayed because we always struggled being fat together. I was banded and when I start losing weight I'm going to say I had my gall bladder out just like you!