Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doc Only Gives 1 Cc (Max) Fills Per Month. Same For Everybody?

I had my first fill on Thur and I got 5.75 ml in a 11cc band. At first I was freaking out because I thought that was very aggressive however, my fills are done x ray and it was pretty evident that I was too loose uuntil I got to 5.75. The barium just flew right through the band. So in a way it saves me several visits. I am still on clears so we will see how it goes

My doc gives out 1cc at a time and that is okay except it makes things more expensive when he goes slow like that.

mine were 3' date='5, and 1.5 in a 10cc band.I have 9.5 in a 10 cc band. My doctor explained to me once the fat around your stomach goes down you loosen up a bit. my restricton is good usally for a bout a month and the more I loose so looser it starts to get but now that most of the fat around my stomach is gone I should only need like .1 cc if any at all on my other check ups[/quote']

My doctor told me that there is no fat around the stomach that it around everything else and that there is no reason for the band to losen up, and that just because one has the band doesn't mean they ned to have fills . I'm 7 mo out and no fills , I'm going to find another doctor , want gets me is this is coming from Ucdavis and they are supposed to be some of the best,

My doctor told me that there is no fat around the stomach that it around everything else and that there is no reason for the band to losen up' date=' and that just because one has the band doesn't mean they ned to have fills . I'm 7 mo out and no fills , I'm going to find another doctor , want gets me is this is coming from Ucdavis and they are supposed to be some of the best,[/quote']

There are some ppl lucky enough to not need a fill, but the majority do.

There are some ppl lucky enough to not need a fill' date=' but the majority do.[/quote']

I wish I didn't need a fill, just this doc doesn't belive in fills

I wish I didn't need a fill' date=' just this doc doesn't belive in fills[/quote']

I was hoping I would be a lucky one, but no. I need my fills and my Dr believes in them.

I'm sorry, but your Dr is an idiot! I just wonder how many of his patients are fed up with there bands and its not the band but the Dr.

I really don't want you to give up on your band. I would like you to find a Dr that knows how the band works.

My doc did first full in exray wad not told how much until 6 weeks later and I felt satisfied after eating for about 8 weeks then 1.5 at next fill last fill 1cc my surgeon goes on feelings of satisfaction. Hope this helps x

My doctor only gives fills every six weeks or so and only 1.5cc. I've had 2 fills, 1.5cc each time. My band was pre-filled with 1.5cc on Aug 6. Mine is Allergan omniform style 14cc. It's the latest Allergan band.

How do you know when you are in the green zone? How does it feel when you eat, are you full quicker and for a longer period. Just want to know when I get there. I just receive my first fill on Thursday, it was 2 cc, I go back in 2 weeks for another fill. I still don't really feel restricted, I have to restrict myself. On the other hand, I am not totally sure how I should feel. Right after my surgery is was evident that I was full because I felt it in my chest, but not now. I have to limit myself. I thought the band was supposed to help limit me.

How do you know when you are in the green zone? How does it feel when you eat' date=' are you full quicker and for a longer period. Just want to know when I get there. I just receive my first fill on Thursday, it was 2 cc, I go back in 2 weeks for another fill. I still don't really feel restricted, I have to restrict myself. On the other hand, I am not totally sure how I should feel. Right after my surgery is was evident that I was full because I felt it in my chest, but not now. I have to limit myself. I thought the band was supposed to help limit me.[/quote']

Good question because I would like to know I have 3.5cc in my band and I want to say I'm almost at that restriction but not sure my first fill I only got .5 and my second fill I got 1cc and after that I could tell A difference