Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doc Only Gives 1 Cc (Max) Fills Per Month. Same For Everybody?

My doc (whom I love, by the way) only gives a maximum fill of 1 cc every 4 weeks. I see people on this forum with only 2 fills and they are up to 8 cc's already. I had my fourth fill today, and I'm at 3.5 cc's on a 10 cc band.

I wondering if anyone knows the advantages/disadvantages of quick fillings or slow and steady fills? I am very happy with the slow and steady approach. We discuss any foods that have given me a problem, weigh loss or gain, and any other questions before the fill. I am glad to say I have not had ANY PB's ever. I got banded 6/27/12.

Thanks in advance!

My clinic is a 1cc fill clinic. Had my first one on Friday. I think they want to creep upon the sweet spot, instead of blowing past it and us having problems and unfills and trying to figure out where we need to be. . I am not a patient person, but I am not the one holding the needle with the fill.

My last fill was .2. That tiny tiny amount made all the difference in the world.

Mine were 3, 2, 3, .5. Perfect for me.

mine were 3,5, and 1.5 in a 10cc band.I have 9.5 in a 10 cc band. My doctor explained to me once the fat around your stomach goes down you loosen up a bit. my restricton is good usally for a bout a month and the more I loose so looser it starts to get but now that most of the fat around my stomach is gone I should only need like .1 cc if any at all on my other check ups

My doc gives various amounts. He lets the body be his guide.

My doc is conservative in his fills as well. Didn't have any at surgery, first fill was 2.5, second fill was 1.5 (4 total) had unfill of .5 the week after the fill, third fill was .5 (4 total). First fill was 5 weeks after surgery and the next were I think 5-6 weeks apart.

I think I'm very close to the Green Zone for me, may even be there. I'm scheduled for a fill next week, not sure I'm going to get one or not.

I'm glad he's conservative. I'd rather go slow, them be too tight. I'm amazed at the amounts other people get at a fill. For me I think that would be too much, but each person is different.

My surgeon was that way only gave. 5 to 1 cc per fill and usually I felt no diffrent!

I moved and started seeing a new surgeon and I get anywhere from 1 to 3!! They have me stay a while and see if I can tolerate it

Its great!!!

My surgeon (PA) goes slow. I've had an unfill for 4 years, and last month got a 1/2 cc in a 10 cc band. I actually noticed for a week or so (probably swelling) but def don't see it now. I don't go back for a month and a half.

Should I ask for a full cc?

My surgeon (PA) goes slow. I've had an unfill for 4 years, and last month got a 1/2 cc in a 10 cc band. I actually noticed for a week or so (probably swelling) but def don't see it now. I don't go back for a month and a half.

Should I ask for a full cc?

I would, 1/2 in a 10cc band isn't much. Just be sure to drink Water before leaving to make sure it's not too much.

((btw, I love your picture! You're a pretty lady! :) ))

I'm around 5 out of a 10cc band over four fills. I am at my perfect spot and will go in for another checkup at the end of the year to see where i'm at.

I am apprehensive to ask for more than what he wants to give. After all, he is the doctor, and fills slow to avoid any problems. I am not in a hurry to lose the weight. I like that I have time to re-evaluate foods after a fill to see if I can still tolerate them. My husband had the surgery 2 months before me, and Doc is filling his band just as slow. Neither one of us has vomited or had pB's. And I'm happy about that!! :)

I am apprehensive to ask for more than what he wants to give. After all, he is the doctor, and fills slow to avoid any problems. I am not in a hurry to lose the weight. I like that I have time to re-evaluate foods after a fill to see if I can still tolerate them. My husband had the surgery 2 months before me, and Doc is filling his band just as slow. Neither one of us has vomited or had pB's. And I'm happy about that!! :)

It's wise to not go for fills that your surgeon doesn't think you need to do, or should do.

You sound like you have a good understanding of the whole process! :)

Good luck to you and your husband!

I got a first fill of 4cc in my 10cc band ..i think its aggressive...i had some issues and pain..but next day and its better..knowing what I know now 2cc or 3cc for first fill would have been better. He always does 4cc and said I wld be fine..im adjusting but if you asked me yesterday I felt as if I wld never eat again! Im happy its adjusting and im feeling better. Ive opted to see how it goes and not run back for an unfill..