Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too Tight Weeks After Fill. Is This Possible?

Hi all. I was filled 1-2 weeks ago and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden this weekend it became hard to eat and drink. My throat keeps gurgling with liquids and i can eat very little. Is it possible it suddenly could be tighter? I am confused. Last night i woke up with acid reflux as well. A lot of gurgling and burping too. Please respond. Thank you.

Yes it is possible. It can take up to 10 days to 2 weeks to experience the fills full effect according to my dr.

Sounds like your too tight. If your in the flood zone and can't get to dr go on liquids untill you can

Good Luck

Wendy

Sounds like you may be too tight, or perhaps even had a slight slippage. See the doctor right away!

It's so possible! I had a fill last september didn't lose a thing actually gained 15 lbs. Then Suddenly in march I couldn't eat more then a bite and by may I was so tight I couldn't eat or drink anything! Ended up losing 60 pounds in a month and got extemely dehydrated and sick.

There ended up being a kink in the tube that runs from my port to my band. I have a movable port that flips backwards and back forward whenever it likes. so the saline was stuck half way and one day I moved such a way it flipped back and delivered the saline to my band all at once and believe me it was more then I needed!

I have had this problem, it can be from Water weight gain, regular weight gain or irritation of the band area due to reflux - or at least this is what I was told by my physician.

Same thing with me but it is getting better. I just had to stay on soft mushies a little longer. It seems that three days after my fill was fine, but then the second and third week has been tighter. Maybe the three days of liquid might have tightened more...not real sure. But I hear you the same thing almost thought about an unfill...however I just stayed on foods I could tolerate. But it was more Soup, shakes, Protein soft, I'm finally on the mend. But crazy how our bands behave.

My fills ALWAYS take over a week for me to feel the full effects. I had my last fill in June, and now I'm almost too tight! I just need to find time to call my dr to get in. I can barely eat mushies and even takes me almost 45 mins to drink a Protein Shake. (this morning I drank one at 6:30, its now 8 and I'm STILL miserable from it!)

So tempted to post the misery i am feeling from going from 6 to 7 cc' s last thursday. But then i read all these posts and can barely stand to be a part of this. I have such a bad attitude about support groups and yet here i am researching. Am i a self loathing bandster?

It's a pattern for me. Fill day and two days after on full liquids. So maybe that shrinks the tummy a little. By the second week I feel tighter and question the fill. By the third week I have adjusted and can eat normal but smaller portions with a couple stuck episodes. It takes me a good three weeks to get back to normal including my strength, energy, and even mood!

I am going thru the same exact thing.. I got my fill Thursday morning was fine until last night (fri) I have had acid reflux and heartburn and just pain in my stomach... I ate at an Italian restaurant fri evening and not very much I might add...I am still sick...i had my surgery on dec 21st 2011... Maybe he just put too much in... I cannot stand this feeling... I can't eat either...

If you have reflux, you really need to get an unfill. The acid can do damage so don't ignore it! There is nothing wrong with getting a slight unfill. Heck, I have had at least six of them and each time I remind myself that I'm a lot better off to have a slightly looser band than to endure being too tight. I cannot seem to get past the 4.5 cc point in a 10 cc band. After over two years, I just try to go with the flow and listen to the signal my band is giving me.

Just an update...this third week after fill is so much better. I don't think I would wait if I feel miserable. But, I did take it slower with soft mushies while at the same time while keeping my caloric intake low. I am finally eating good solids but do have to pay much more attention to those bites, chews, and time!!!!! If I had bad acid reflux maybe a doc should be called. I can't drink Water in bed and just lie down directly...I have to sit up for a few minutes. Finally in green zone!!!!

I had a fill last Thursday. The surgeon added only one more unit to the band. After suffering through the weekend, I called the surgeon's office this morning and went back this afternoon to have some let out. All weekend long my throat was gurgling. I was puking, sliming and not keeping anything down. When they weighed me this afternoon prior to loosening the band up, I had lost ten pounds since this past Thursday. Given that I'm now down to a 25% BMI, ten pounds is significant.

At any rate, if you're feeling tight, gurgling, having a hard time even getting fluids down, then don't delay in calling your doctor for another adjustment.