Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone so I was supposed to start my pre diet yesterday but I kinda slipped up and brought my last fatty dinner from pizza Hut. Then today I woke up motivated and had my Protein Drink n oatmeal feeling great then lunch time rolled around and the left over pizza was calling my name. Is ok if I start tomorrow and will I be ok since my surgery is on Friday?

forgive me but i am going to be tough..

you didnt slip up

you chose to eat that pizza and if you eat the left overs, you are choosing to eat it.

you are only hurting yourself cheating. you know it was wrong but you did it anyhow..if you eat like that after surgery, you could hurt yourself seriously as this is major surgery.

if you really want this surgery, then follow your doctors orders and do what you have to do.

forgive me but i am going to be tough..

you didnt slip up

you chose to eat that pizza and if eat the left overs' date=' you are choosing to eat it.

you are only hurting yourself cheating. you know it was wrong but you did it anyhow..if you eat like that after surgery, you could hurt yourself seriously as this is major surgery.

if you really want this surgery, then follow your doctors orders and do what you have to do.

wishing you all the best.[/quote']

Yes you are right, I just needed to hear some tough love bc I did make some bad decisions but tomorrow is a new day to start over. Thanks

Yes you are right, I just needed to hear some tough love bc I did make some bad decisions but tomorrow is a new day to start over. Thanks

dont start tomorrow.....start right now

dont feel bad, whats done is done

just do better right now. i am rooting for you

We want to keep our old habits but you can't. I know its sounds bad but throw the rest away and start now. If you cheat this early in the game then you are setting yourself up to fail. Everyone says so what move on and start over but you have to gain your strength from this moment on. Change your thoughts about food now. Your doing this for you so from now on stop letting food control you.

dont feel bad' date=' whats done is done

just do better right now. i am rooting for you[/quote']

Aww thanks, n I meant tomorrow bc I'm done eating tonight lol but yes I should get up n burn off some of what I ate.

We want to keep our old habits but you can't. I know its sounds bad but throw the rest away and start now. If you cheat this early in the game then you are setting yourself up to fail. Everyone says so what move on and start over but you have to gain your strength from this moment on. Change your thoughts about food now. Your doing this for you so from now on stop letting food control you.

Thanks for the response, n yes I def have a problem with letting food control me. I'm def going to throw away what ever I have bad left, but I did give my brother my last piece of cake so I'm doing some what good bc I love cake lol.

Good for you. It gets easier if you just follow your plan. You will find out later on that those foods dont taste good anymore. Imagine pizza not tasting good lol but I dont eat it.

Good for you. It gets easier if you just follow your plan. You will find out later on that those foods dont taste good anymore. Imagine pizza not tasting good lol but I dont eat it.

Lol thanks I'm def going to try that

Hey Weeze,

It will get better,. Many of us have been down this road before. I know before surgery I swore I would never eat again once banded. I had this idea fixated in my head. It was fear of losing food, my comfort.

There were times on my pre-op diet I wanted to eat every single thing I laid eyes on for fear I would never eat again. I did have one big meal 2 weeks before my surgery and knew that was going to be the last time I eat like a raving lunatic.

The reason as you know, for doing the pre-op is to 'shrink' your liver. The liver is located super close to your stomache, right where the surgeons will operate. There is motive for this, because when your liver shrinks your surgeons can meuneuver around that area, thus not coming in contact with the liver, like cuts, nicks, or tears. This could be very dangerous, and your surgeo once inside will determine whether or not your liver is small enough to do surgery.

There was a man who came to this forum about a month or so ago and told us a story about what happened to him. Honestly, I wanted to cry for him. He said on the day of his surgery the surgeons opened him up, when he woke up, he was told they could not band him because his liver did not shrink enough. OMG, this poor man! He had to wait another month and lose more weight, scary huh?

What advice do I have for you? None that you already don't know. Talk to yourself every day, enforce good habits now. Believe me you will not starve once you get the band. You will not have to give up the foods you love! Its all in moderation....

Stay strong....

Hey Weeze' date='

It will get better,. Many of us have been down this road before. I know before surgery I swore I would never eat again once banded. I had this idea fixated in my head. It was fear of losing food, my comfort.

There were times on my pre-op diet I wanted to eat every single thing I laid eyes on for fear I would never eat again. I did have one big meal 2 weeks before my surgery and knew that was going to be the last time I eat like a raving lunatic.

The reason as you know, for doing the pre-op is to 'shrink' your liver. The liver is located super close to your stomache, right where the surgeons will operate. There is motive for this, because when your liver shrinks your surgeons can meuneuver around that area, thus not coming in contact with the liver, like cuts, nicks, or tears. This could be very dangerous, and your surgeo once inside will determine whether or not your liver is small enough to do surgery.

There was a man who came to this forum about a month or so ago and told us a story about what happened to him. Honestly, I wanted to cry for him. He said on the day of his surgery the surgeons opened him up, when he woke up, he was told they could not band him because his liver did not shrink enough. OMG, this poor man! He had to wait another month and lose more weight, scary huh?

What advice do I have for you? None that you already don't know. Talk to yourself every day, enforce good habits now. Believe me you will not starve once you get the band. You will not have to give up the foods you love! Its all in moderation....

Stay strong....[/quote']

Wow thanks for this, I don't want this to happen to me at all. Too excited for the surgery so I def will keep this in mind.

My biggest problem is saying well I'll JUST START over tomorrow pre op diet is very important because yes you are shrinking your liver but this is the time to prepare your body you wont have another chance to try and prepare I've often thought the pre op diet isn't enough time. You need to want this. I cleaned out my fridge and mh cupboards to help keep from the temptation. you should do it too. Good luck remember this is a new life. It will get easier i promise

I did well pre-op and great after surgery these past 2 weeks I've been under a lot of stress and making horrible food choices. I had lost 90lbs since feb but I've since added on 7 lbs. you need to change your way of thinking now. The band is a tool not a complete fix. I have co workers who put on all the weight they lost because of their poor food choices. I'm aware of my poor choices and I sure as hell changed my ways today. The scale scared me :-/