Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Guess I pushed things a bit.

I had my Surgery on Wednesday morning, and seemed to progress

nornally by thursday, although sore I felt great. On Friday I was jivin'

almost back to normal and did eat some thick things like

canned pares and lumpy Soup, even went to a party, stayed late. While today, Saturday, I have been limping around like a sick puppy. Sore Tummy, feeling weak, (no nausea), so it has been back to broth and bed. Starting to feel a little better but still tender at

this writing, 8:20pm Saturday. (I have cancelled tommorow's trackmeet.)

Broth for 10 more Days?

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Yes you did.....Two lashings for you!!! lol Now be a good bandster and let that stomach heal. LIQUIDS!!! Take it easy.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I didn't say liquids for 2 weeks. Go by what you Dr. says. But take it easy and listen to your band.

Yes, I have instruction.

I am back to Optifast (1/2 portions is all I can manage now) and I have one question and I will call tommorrow.

I really paid a bit of a price for pushing the envelope the second day

after surgery. I was on on Broths and I ate some puree and I ate some

mushy Pares; mainly, I think my activity level and my long day were

the real culprits. Saturday was therefore a tough day. Bed rest, straight

broth, and I am feeling better this morning. I have some limited commitments tommorrow so I will really hold myself in Neutral.

Thank for the interest Jack.

I've also seen Dr. Cobourn, my surgery isn't till may. He told me 3 weeks Optifast prior, then 2 weeks optifast post surgery. I can't even imagine not eating food for 5 weeks, although I'm gonna find out soon:omg: . I would imagine that your pretty sick of liquids by now, however your in the home stretch! Hold on for just another little bit. Then you can let me know how to do it, without going crazy...lol:)

Actually the first two weeks were easy, (in your case 3 weeks) I was allowed to have a green salad a day with vinegar. (Men always get it

easier as suported by Alkida, the Talaban, and diet people, only right!).

My problems came after surgery because you are allowed some flexibility,

thats' when I usually fail were food is involved. Things have settled down

but My IQ has not improved ... I tried a slice of bread .... bad Idea.

I am determined to make this work.

There was a short clip on this procedure this morning on CNN, on Dr Sanjay Gupta, it was related more to childhood obesity. It appears that

the procedure is $25,000 in the US, but it was very positive and showed

a great shot on how the band actually works. I'm not sure I am a very good leader, but anything I can do to help.

You also need to remember it's not just the food thing, the activity thing is a big consideration for you right now, you are still recovering from surgery and will be for a few weeks. It's really great that you are feeling better so quickly, but as you found out the hard way, that doesn't change the fact that you just underwent anesthesia and had people messing around with your insides. Your bodies chemistry is in the process of readjusting itself, so give it time and treat yourself gently. Think about how you would be treating a loved-one in your care if they had just been through what you have, then treat yourself accordingly. No super-hero stuff right now, put the cape aside for a few weeks, then when you do put it back on, only small building jumps to start off with.

The most important thing we do for ourselves is taking care of ourselves as we would take care of those we love. Most of us forget to do that.

Good luck, feel better, and have some patience, you will be back to running the world and around it before you know it.

Cindy

Thats great news, Jillie. Are you getting banded in Canada? I was also nervous for about the past month, but I have to say that I'm starting to get very, very excited:clap2: , I hope nervous dosent come back.

Jack, Thats along time without solids, but I think your right about focusing on something other than food.