Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow U Eat That!?

It's weird how you changed your tune so quickly on your feeling of the band... You posted just at the end if May on your second anniversary that "life is good"..

Who are you referring to?

Msmacchi and futurebandster.

Just for the record , I love Clarks4willie!

Ok, I'm done!

If you had your band removed why do you sitll come here? To preach that your band removal wasnt your fault? I think you're feeling guilty because you didnt do what you were supposed to or why would you be so angry about it. Stop harassing us with your nonsense because your now miserable. My God face it bands fail because people fail. And no I do not over eat ever you know why???? Because I dont want my band to erode thats why.

this is my take on this thread.

reading alot about people saying its the bands fault or the patients fault that/if the band fails.. really, does it matter who or what is at fault? if there is a problem, it needs to be took care of.

my surgeon went over the pros and cons with me

the good and the bad to include complications either by me and or the band/procedure itself. i was told things could go wrong, weren't you??'

and if you were advised of (complications/issues/maybe not losing weight if instructions on eating were not followed) did you go through with the surgery anyhow? did you sign paperwork that you were told of this and possible complications?

if so, why are you bitching now?

if the band (fails) or isnt working due to the person/person w/band or the surgeon or the band itself having faults, go to the dr and get it took care of.

coming on to this forum griping about 50% failures or whatever % is tossed out or what website said what..it doesnt mean a hill of Beans.

we all have different ideas, thoughts, doctors, assumptions and minds. we are not gonna agree. time to accept that and move the frick on.

ps--just because one persons band fails for whatever reason, does not mean everyone else is doomed. ..lets support one another instead of the BS blame game.

I like it carolinagirl!!! If you didn't read the disclaimer before hand... Guess what... Patient fault....

I like it carolinagirl!!! If you didn't read the disclaimer before hand... Guess what... Patient fault....

:)

Great post GFB! Lucky I saw it b/c I planned to stay away from here, but I saw your name.

I respectfully agree to disagree!

This thread, not your post. lol

WoW! I am amazed at so many reactions coming from this board! I personally think it is great that newbies like me get to see different sides and aspects to a situation. However, as a newbie, I have to tell you all that I REALLY feel once someone gets banded it is a JOINT EFFORT between the doctor and the patient in the success of the patient.

Patients are responsible for proper eating, following instructions from their doctors, and staying abreast of banding information (such as this forum site); yet, it is also the doctor's responsibility to keep good documentations and be knowledgeable to recognize complications when seen in their patients.

If these things are followed, warding off complications should be more easy to take head-on. Still, life happens and many times we are not in control of how our bodies react to situations and events. Everyone is different and those differences help to make us special and unique. With the band, we (our bodies) will ALLLL respond differently...that is just a part of our uniqueness!

Within these forums, I take the information learned through all of you and take some with a grain of salt and other to be nearly the Bible! The reason is because some of your experiences are in close relation to my own. Others experiences are no where near to my experiences. Therefore, I DO enjoy reading EVERYONE's opinions on things...and that is not to say all opinions are right, factual, or apply to me.

In the end, we are ALLLL on a journey to better health...and sometimes there will be bumps in the road....and differences of opinions. We have to learn to accept each other's thoughts and stances on issues...and not bash or condemn anyone.

Love you all so much!

WoW! I am amazed at so many reactions coming from this board! I personally think it is great that newbies like me get to see different sides and aspects to a situation. However' date=' as a newbie, I have to tell you all that I REALLY feel once someone gets banded it is a JOINT EFFORT between the doctor and the patient in the success of the patient.

Patients are responsible for proper eating, following instructions from their doctors, and staying abreast of banding information (such as this forum site); yet, it is also the doctor's responsibility to keep good documentations and be knowledgeable to recognize complications when seen in their patients.

If these things are followed, warding off complications should be more easy to take head-on. Still, life happens and many times we are not in control of how our bodies react to situations and events. Everyone is different and those differences help to make us special and unique. With the band, we (our bodies) will ALLLL respond differently...that is just a part of our uniqueness!

Within these forums, I take the information learned through all of you and take some with a grain of salt and other to be nearly the Bible! The reason is because some of your experiences are in close relation to my own. Others experiences are no where near to my experiences. Therefore, I DO enjoy reading EVERYONE's opinions on things...and that is not to say all opinions are right, factual, or apply to me.

In the end, we are ALLLL on a journey to better health...and sometimes there will be bumps in the road....and differences of opinions. We have to learn to accept each other's thoughts and stances on issues...and not bash or condemn anyone.

Love you all so much![/quote']

Very well said, thank you. Glad you find this forum informative, even when we debate. Good luck on your journey.

I'm not failing. I've lost almost a hundred pounds, feel great, look awesome and have my condense back. I'm just saying what I eat. That's all. I'm dating hot young men and enjoying my sexuality!! It's awesome!!??????

First of all for you being 53 years old, who are you to demand answers from anyone and I really don't care who you are. It's apparent that you are very angry and cursing at me or anyone else in this forum is wrong. Who said I am not at goal. I am 179 and my doctor and surgeon and myself are very happy with the weight I am now. Why because my ticker says I am still 19lbs away from goal? It's a ticker my dear and that is it. Yes I have been successful. I am at goal. If I lose more then fine if I dont that is fine too. Both surgeons that I have had both said over eating does cause band erosion when its tight and you push food in the pouch and it makes the stomach force its self in to the band. WE, I do not owe you anything or any answers but We/I do not need to be cursed at by an angry person who had their band removed. Find a band failure thread and join it. Oh and by the way you should really seek anger management because if you act this way to people you don't know, I can only imagine how you treat people you do know.

First of all for you being 53 years old, who are you to demand answers from anyone and I really don't care who you are. It's apparent that you are very angry and cursing at me or anyone else in this forum is wrong. Who said I am not at goal. I am 179 and my doctor and surgeon and myself are very happy with the weight I am now. Why because my ticker says I am still 19lbs away from goal? It's a ticker my dear and that is it. Yes I have been successful. I am at goal. If I lose more then fine if I dont that is fine too. Both surgeons that I have had both said over eating does cause band erosion when its tight and you push food in the pouch and it makes the stomach force its self in to the band. WE, I do not owe you anything or any answers but We/I do not need to be cursed at by an angry person who had their band removed. Find a band failure thread and join it. Oh and by the way you should really seek anger management because if you act this way to people you don't know, I can only imagine how you treat people you do know.

cheryl

in my opinion, you losing 100+ pounds ...(i dont care if it was done/accomplished in a week or 5 yrs)....its a damn success story.

you are an inspiration to any of the people on this forum who care about themselves or want to ((support)) other people who are trying to get well. you got class and it shows.

i am a newbie still and dont know alot of the banded life but i do know to offer compassion to others who are newbies or prebies or those who have had problems. We have all been there in needing help with our weight.

Futurebandster,

I am so very sorry that you had complications, I do hope that you have recovered physically from your ordeal. Hopefully now you can focus on recovering emotionally. This is an open forum with rules that you might read. Your language and attaching fellow users are against such rules. This was a clean (heated but clean) debate before your post. You are out of line and to be honest, whatever point you were trying to make was lost in your curse words. Best of luck to you and please take Cheryl's advise and seek anger management help!

Cheryl - I ditto what CG said. I respect your advise & thoughts. Thanks for all the great input!

I am coming late to this thread.... darn vacation.... ;)

Reading it... I am trying to figure out the point.... I have been banded almost 23 months. My Dr who has performed over 700 band operations told me it was rare to have problems with the band if I took care of it. SO.... I stopped drinking carbonation.... I dont eat fried food, fast food unless it involves grilled chicken or junk food, I dont have issues with guilt or self worth or body image (except I still see myself as bigger than I am but I believe that's normal early on) , I dont feel sorry for myself for having to resort to surgery and oh by the way I am 2 lbs from goal and 12 pounds from my revised goal. I follow my Dr's orders, take my Vitamins and drink few empty calories. I need to improve on the amount of exercise I get but other than that I think I am a model bandster.

From what I am reading in this thread ...the odds are at year 6 I am going to have my band removed because of complications... gain the weight back or have health issues...

I am here to say... I disagree based on my research, my Dr's opinion and my overall care and feeding of my band. I beleive it puts me in a low percentile of having any of those problems.

Just needed to add my opinion ...carry on. B)