Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

getting banded on Dec 28 the day after my 51st birthday. Excited and nervous.

I'm getting banded on the 28th too!! I'm so nervous

This may be odd to say, but I swear I don't even miss food! Lol. I have still been cooking meals for.my family. I can even be in the car with them, as they all order food from the drive through... that's called focus. Lol! Or maybe the lack of food is making me a little crazy, either way- its working. :)

A week from now' date=' God willing, I will be home again wearing my new stylish stomach belt!!!!![/quote']

Stomach belt? Joking or real thing?

Joking.i just like to call the band my belt.

That sounds about right!!! Lol

I absolutely. Cannot sleep

So surgery went good, I am really sore been sleeping. Off and on all day been home since about 4

So surgery went good, I am really sore been sleeping. Off and on all day been home since about 4

I'm so happy to hear all went well for you! That's fantastic news! You made it to the other side :) Yay!!! Get plenty of rest, and let yourself be pampered a little bit :)

Thanks for updating us! oxox

I'm going to be a December band as well. December 17th is the big day!

I am just putting this out there to see how those who observe feel about getting banded during the holiday season. I have had a lot of people say to me "What a horrible time of year to have the surgery." I purposely did the surgery before the first of the year for the simple reason that I need to make a lifestyle change, and that includes holidays. I am actually pretty excited that I will not spend one more holiday season stuffed like a turkey for two months straight. Any thoughts?

Best wishes Mike! Hoping for an easy peasy surgery & recovery for you! Let us know how you're feeling when you get a chance.

I am just putting this out there to see how those who observe feel about getting banded during the holiday season. I have had a lot of people say to me "What a horrible time of year to have the surgery." I purposely did the surgery before the first of the year for the simple reason that I need to make a lifestyle change, and that includes holidays. I am actually pretty excited that I will not spend one more holiday season stuffed like a turkey for two months straight. Any thoughts?

I'll say I agree. I purposely scheduled mine when I did. It allowed me to still eat a normal Thanksgiving dinner before I started the pre-op diet. Christmas dinner has never been a huge deal for us... we open gifts on Christmas Eve (except for Santa - he doesn't come until that night so kids have to wait for morning) so everyone is more focused on that, then getting to church for the midnight candlelight service. My mom is the only one in my family who knows I'm doing this & she's arranging it where I'll end up sitting at the kids' table. None of them will notice how I'm eating, LOL. I'll start the new year off with my pretty little "belt" on, ready to kick some poundage boo-tay. :)

This may be odd to say' date=' but I swear I don't even miss food! Lol. I have still been cooking meals for.my family. I can even be in the car with them, as they all order food from the drive through... that's called focus. Lol! Or maybe the lack of food is making me a little crazy, either way- its working. :)[/quote']

Me too. I was banded 12/4, and I have no desire to eat! Down 14 lbs already! I hope this feeling is not part of healing process. Don't want to feel hungry, that's what got me in to this mess! Lol!

Slept lake a rock last night. Just wanted to say 'thanks' for all the kind words. Getting all my t's crossed and i's dotted before I head off to the hospital. Packing my overnight goodie bag trying not to forget anything.

Good luck Mike!!!! When u are up 2 it let us know how u r feeling!!!!