Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bump In The Road.

Today I found out why I have had no restriction. I had been starving lately and gaining and I didn't understand why. I was to the point I was embarrassed to go get another fill. Today I requested for the Fluid to be removed and put back in, all 14 cc's. The problem was when the nurse went to remove it there was maybe 5 cc's in my band. Turns out I have a leak in my port tube. She said this was very rare and she helped move appointments around to get me back in next Thursday to see the doctor and figure out when I can go in and get a revision. I am not as nervous about the surgery, the pain or anything like that. I guess what scares me most is the cost. I am self pay. I did get the 2 yr plan when I got my surgery done, I am hoping the plan included revisions. It will be Monday when they call me to tell me the news on the cost.

While I am not happy with the news, I am happy to know that I am not a lost cause and that there is a solution. Maybe this time I will finish what I started.

Tabby

I am going to be a self pay too, shouldn't that be no cost its a fault with the tube not yours. I was told if there were any revisions or leaks etc it was covered no extra costs. I am in Canada however so I wonder if that is a difference??

Fingers crossed for you

Colleeb,

I asked the nurse if it was something I might have done to cause this and she said it was nothing I done. In that case it seems like it wouldn't be my place to repair something I already bought once. On a different note, I got out my papers from when I first had the surgery done and seen that the package I paid for included any port revisions and the surgeons fee is waived. It says I will be responisble for paying for anesthesia and facility cost as well as port. I will just wait and see what they say when they call me Monday or Tuesday. Maybe this is a different situation since it's rare. Thanks for your reply and good luck!

I am glad you found your answer and I hope you don't have to pay either. Must feel like a bit of a relief no?

lapband guru,

it was an eye opener! It showed me the lapband really does work. It showed me how fast weight can come back on. It showed me there is always an answer and to not give up. Yes, while I don't look forward to going through surgery again, it has on the same time gave me a refound hope. It is really bittersweet.

Well, here's how I see it. If you bought something from a store and it had a defect, wouldn't you be able to return or exchange it with no extra costs??? How is this any different?

LBT Addict.

You are right. I feel that since it wasn't something I did and the band was defected that I shouldn't have to pay anything. My husband said right off that if we were charged he would get a lawyer involved.

after looking at what the package we bought covered I accepted we would be out money. Of course when I purchased the package I assumed the band we bought was new and in top shape, not defected. By rights I shouldnt have to pay for anything. They havent called me back yet. it would probably cost more to get a lawyer involved so we will see what happens. Regardless I want my band back and working. I am ready to get farther down the path of this lifelong journey.

UPDATE:

I am scheduled for a port revision surgery Monday the 29th *this Monday* They worked on getting me in there fast. They said it will only take about half an hr. They are not even knocking me all the way out. They are giving me a heavy sedation and numbing me. I hope that works and I don't wake up and feel it all :(

I was charged 2,000.00. That was for the sedation and the use of the facility.

I will be posting and letting everyone know how it goes.

That does not sit well for me. I do not think you should have to pay for anything. Is he affliated with True Results?

No Nancy, He is out of Ohio. I don't believe he has anything to do with True Results. I just looked it up and didn't see him in the affiliations. I told my husband that by the time we got a lawyer it would probably cost us more then the 2,000 and I really want this taken care of. I know the band works. The doctor told me that this only happened one other time and it was with a different type of band.

I agree with you about the lawyer/just getting it taken care of idea.

Just get in there and get it done and of course, back on track. PLEASE keep us updated. We'll be thinking of you.

Thank You LBT. I will be back to update. I need to be in here more often for the motivation! You all are great!