Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kuri Put A 4Cc Band In Me - Is That Good

Oh, nice to hear from another of Dr. Ortiz's patients. My experience with Dr. Ortiz and his staff has been amazing. Very clean and nice facility. My travel was easy because I live in San Diego county. I was home same day....

My incision area is still sore to laugh, sneeze, etc. But I also had hernia repair so I'm thinking that's why... I am very happy and getting closer to Day 21 so I can finally eat....

I would highly recomend Dr. Ortiz if anyone is thinking of going to Mexico.

Feel free to send me messages if any questions. So far so good. Down 10lbs post op.

me also mad. many with my band' date=' hernia repair and plication

call me suture princess haha[/quote']

No more PPPB , now PPSPB.

I had my band done in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz on Oct 4th. My band is FDA approved Realize 11cc.

For those of you that didn't do your bands in Mexico please don't judge the entire country as using discountinued lap bands. That is not the case always. There are many reputable doctors in Mexico that use FDA approved bands.

I'm just saying if you choose to go out of the country I would highly recommend doing a lot of research as I did on the band & doctors.

I'm not sure the FDA has even withdrawn its approval of the 4 cc Lap-Band.

Oh' date=' nice to hear from another of Dr. Ortiz's patients. My experience with Dr. Ortiz and his staff has been amazing. Very clean and nice facility. My travel was easy because I live in San Diego county. I was home same day....

My incision area is still sore to laugh, sneeze, etc. But I also had hernia repair so I'm thinking that's why... I am very happy and getting closer to Day 21 so I can finally eat....

I would highly recomend Dr. Ortiz if anyone is thinking of going to Mexico.

Feel free to send me messages if any questions. So far so good. Down 10lbs post op.[/quote']

That's great to hear! I am on iPhone so I can't add friends but lets keep in touch! Would love to hear your progress and be "buddies":)

You are correct! The 4cc bands have NOT been discontinued, nor has the FDA withdrawn it's approval of the band. Thanks for the support. :)

For those of you that didn't do your bands in Mexico please don't judge the entire country as using discountinued lap bands. That is not the case always. There are many reputable doctors in Mexico that use FDA approved bands.

I love when people insinuate that someone like Dr. Kuri is not reputable or that the 4cc band is discontinued. Makes me wonder if they have a motive to promote a certain doctor.

I can only say gain, there I nothing WRONG with the 4 cc band. sure, products continue to be tweaked but it's like saying your 2007 car is a pile of poop js because it doesn't have Bluetooth and iPod connectivity like 2012 cars do. It's still a car, it can still be luxurious and reliable nd a pleasure to drive, still gets you from A to B. this is similar hysteria to saying HRT causes breast cancer when in reality you might get one or two more cases per hundred women.

If you are the owner of a 4cc band, you do not have an inferior product, in fact purely on observation you may indeed have a few more advantages and perhaps two in a hundred of you will have a slip, whereas if you have a 10cc band mybe one in a hundred will suffer the same fate. We're still serving plenty if those I've slipped posts even though the 4cc band isn't in common use in the USA.

These numbers are just made up, trying to put it in perspective.. You are not guaranteed or even likelyto hav troubles with your 4cc band.

Marketdude,

You asked the q we replied!

I think that you already beat a lot of odds by doing something a lot of us wouldn't have the guts to do, get banded in a foreign country. ANY foreign country.

You also mat make it to the green zone faster. So Celebrate that!

I didn't read about anyone promoting another surgeon. Did I miss something? I have read a lot of post about your dr and dr Ortiz and have heard nothing but good things.

I'm sure you could hear the same about any of our surgeons, they are just not that widely defended because they not need to be, they are in our own country.

I think the analogy about older versions of the iPod or iPhone is a good one. Facts are facts, older versions are there for a reason, they've been upgraded, making changes due to feedback from users.

I wish you a long successful journey with no problems with your band.

After all I still have an iPhone 3G and have never had any problems with it! ;)

I love when people insinuate that someone like Dr. Kuri is not reputable or that the 4cc band is discontinued. Makes me wonder if they have a motive to promote a certain doctor.

That made me laugh. I think it's highly unlikely that any LBT member has anything to gain from promoting a certain doctor by any means, including badmouthing another doctor. As a marketing dude, surely you know that slamming the competition is a very short-sighted promotional strategy.

The idea of that makes me laugh almost as loudly as the old "You're promoting the band because the manufacturer is paying you to do that" claim. If that's true, I want to know WHERE THE HECK IS ALL MY MONEY?

That made me laugh. I think it's highly unlikely that any LBT member has anything to gain from promoting a certain doctor by any means, including badmouthing another doctor. As a marketing dude, surely you know that slamming the competition is a very short-sighted promotional strategy.

The idea of that makes me laugh almost as loudly as the old "You're promoting the band because the manufacturer is paying you to do that" claim. If that's true, I want to know WHERE THE HECK IS ALL MY MONEY?

Haha....well yes....being in marketing...I do have a sensativity to how marketing is done. Having a Masters in it probably helps (or hurts...who knows :) ).

In researching the mexican doctors the past 3 years on this forum....I would just see a consistant and very odd pattern of forum posting (not consistant with a normal flow of conversation or very quick to discredit another Mexican doctor while promoting Dr. Ortiz at the same time) I have a problem with that.

Hey...nothing wrong with being passionate about your doctor. I was very impressed with my experience with Dr. Kuri and would recommend him to anyone......but when you have this odd type of posting and saying all these wonderful things and then saying...if you have any questions......please email me privately ect.... When you have a consistant cocktail mix of promoting one doctor, discrediting others, odd forum posting out of nowhere and then saying message me privately.....that bothers me.

Again...because I've seen this type of behavior over 3 years here.....and my desire to that people should be void of human steering (and things should be kept pure in a life altering decision like this).....I jump out of my skin when see it on my thread....haha !!!

But yes...I see where you are coming from Jean !

Warmest regards,

MD

Haha....well yes....being in marketing...I do have a sensativity to how marketing is done. Having a Masters in it probably helps (or hurts...who knows :) ).

In researching the mexican doctors the past 3 years on this forum....I would just see a consistant and very odd pattern of forum posting (not consistant with a normal flow of conversation or very quick to discredit another Mexican doctor while promoting Dr. Ortiz at the same time) I have a problem with that.

Hey...nothing wrong with being passionate about your doctor. I was very impressed with my experience with Dr. Kuri and would recommend him to anyone......but when you have this odd type of posting and saying all these wonderful things and then saying...if you have any questions......please email me privately ect.... When you have a consistant cocktail mix of promoting one doctor' date=' discrediting others, odd forum posting out of nowhere and then saying message me privately.....that bothers me.

Again...because I've seen this type of behavior over 3 years here.....and my desire to that people should be void of human steering (and things should be kept pure in a life altering decision like this).....I jump out of my skin when see it on my thread....haha !!!

But yes...I see where you are coming from Jean !

Warmest regards,

MD[/quote']

Sorry, but I really don't get it.

I might be slow, but I've read every post here twice and I don't know what the problem is.

1. I wouldn't give a crap what anyone else thinks of my Dr. If I'm confident with him, others opinions mean nothing.

2. The way I read it, Dr Oritz was brought up in away to defend Drs.in Mexico.

When a newbie comes on and is excited b/c they found out someone else had that Dr. So what? I'm glad someone could help her feel more secure.

3. I take over others threads all the time, ask Blackcadillac. I expect if someone doesn't like it, go around me. And that's what I've found ppl do.

4. We all wish everyone on this journey all the best. We want everyone to succeed.

5. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Bye-bye

Sorry, but I really don't get it.

I might be slow, but I've read every post here twice and I don't know what the problem is.

1. I wouldn't give a crap what anyone else thinks of my Dr. If I'm confident with him, others opinions mean nothing.

2. The way I read it, Dr Oritz was brought up in away to defend Drs.in Mexico.

When a newbie comes on and is excited b/c they found out someone else had that Dr. So what? I'm glad someone could help her feel more secure.

3. I take over others threads all the time, ask Blackcadillac. I expect if someone doesn't like it, go around me. And that's what I've found ppl do.

4. We all wish everyone on this journey all the best. We want everyone to succeed.

5. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Bye-bye

what the bloody hell is a soap box anyhow??

A box soap comes in, smart ass! : P

You said " bloody hell", that's an English saying. Why is a Carolina. Redneck mountain girl, using it??

You said " bloody hell", that's an English saying. Why is a Carolina. Redneck mountain girl, using it??

OUCH

that f***ing hurt.....