Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

That's the worst part of it. That's where the walking comes in. It will get better.

Best wishes!

Thanks for that - its so nice to be amongst those in the know, it feels so supportive when you haven't told anyone and sometimes the road feels a tad lonely.

Banded on the 25th. Stomach finally back to normal. More walking I did the more the swelling went down. Starting different foods today rather than just Clear Liquids. I got a bunch of cream of whatever soups' date=' mash potatoes, refried Beans, egg beaters... I am still conscience of my Protein intake as I know that protein is what makes your body heal faster, taking my Vitamin C and multi Vitamin. I want to make sure that although I can go to these foods I still stay at a low calorie intake bc you can go over so easily!!

Anyway, I agree with whoever said they wish they could exercise... I'm down 10 lbs... Gonna start walking today for real, maybe a couple miles if I can. I didn't do this for nothing!!! Hey anyone know what I could use on my scars to make them less visible? Like scar removers or whatever????[/quote']

When my doctor clears me to use creams. I will use mederma and vitamin e oil.

Hi all! I'm in NY and am finally able to get online post Sandy megastorm! Banded a week ago today and down 18 lbs. still some pain on the left side but feeling much better. So glad to be reading the support from this forum again!

Hi all! I'm in NY and am finally able to get online post Sandy megastorm! Banded a week ago today and down 18 lbs. still some pain on the left side but feeling much better. So glad to be reading the support from this forum again!

congrats jessica, and also i am glad you are good and safe from sandy. so happy to hear from you!! :)

So I am 3 days Post-opt & feeling pretty good... Head aches r gone just needed to eat some broth. Here is my next ?. How long before u guys all started driving? I want to run to the store & get more Soups & popsicles & I want to drive. Havent talking any pill sence early wensday morning So i know i am safe from that.

Congrats 18 lbs ;))

So I am 3 days Post-opt & feeling pretty good... Head aches r gone just needed to eat some broth. Here is my next ?. How long before u guys all started driving? I want to run to the store & get more Soups & popsicles & I want to drive. Havent talking any pill sence early wensday morning So i know i am safe from that.

I waited 3 days it really depends how you feel 5 day I did Zumba!

Hello Everyone! I was banded Oct 29 and started the full Fluid diet today. I have never felt hungry like this before in my life but I am focusing on the future and how good I will feel. I am thankful for this forum. It is helpful to read about what other banders are going through. I went back to work two days post op but only lasted 2 hours. I am feeling much better today and I was able to shower!! Gas is still painful but not so bad and only after I drink.

Best- J

Headaches are a sign of dehydration.

ok, I'll drink more. Hope I don't float away! :)

It really just depends on what your surgeon said. Mine told me as long as I wasn't taking the pain medicine I could drive after 24 hours. I drove the day after surgery so I could go to work. Just see what your body tells you when you drive. I had to use my husbands car for the first 2 weeks because it hurt to drive stick shift.

Hello Everyone! I was banded Oct 29 and started the full Fluid diet today. I have never felt hungry like this before in my life but I am focusing on the future and how good I will feel. I am thankful for this forum. It is helpful to read about what other banders are going through. I went back to work two days post op but only lasted 2 hours. I am feeling much better today and I was able to shower!! Gas is still painful but not so bad and only after I drink.

Best- J

One thing that helped when I got hungry was drinking some warm tea or broth. It helped a lot so I didnt get real hunger pains until a few days ago. I was banded 10-12.

I've done it. Officially banded on the 25th. I seem to be having many of the same issues everyone else is. These forums are great! I love talking with fellow bandsters, feel like they can relate. I could get kuddos one sec & a smack up the head the next! Feels like home :) I pray everyone continues on this successful journey.

I've done it. Officially banded on the 25th. I seem to be having many of the same issues everyone else is. These forums are great! I love talking with fellow bandsters' date=' feel like they can relate. I could get kuddos one sec & a smack up the head the next! Feels like home :) I pray everyone continues on this successful journey.[/quote']

I am on the 25th too!

Congrats 18 lbs ;))

glad you are ok!!

I am on the 25th too!

Hi Kitty. I would love to continue to hear of your progress.