Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2012 Bandsters

Hi everyone, I'm starting this because we are mid way through the month so I'm guessing about half of us have had the procedure done. The October Bandsters thread has been really great with all the positive comments, suggestions and support. It would be great to keep that community going.

I'm two days post surgery. My pain meds are working fine. The surgery was easier than I expected and I hope the recovery keeps going as well.

How is everyone?

Hi everyone' date=' I'm starting this because we are mid way through the month so I'm guessing about half of us have had the procedure done. The October Bandsters thread has been really great with all the positive comments, suggestions and support. It would be great to keep that community going.

I'm two days post surgery. My pain meds are working fine. The surgery was easier than I expected and I hope the recovery keeps going as well.

How is everyone?[/quote']

Glad to hear your doing good. I was banded Oct 11th, for the most part I'm fine. I'm still on clears Friday. Can't wait to move to full...I need Protein. Lol. I agree lets keep this room going. And keep each other posted on our new life's.

Glad to hear your doing good. I was banded Oct 11th' date=' for the most part I'm fine. I'm still on clears Friday. Can't wait to move to full...I need Protein. Lol. I agree lets keep this room going. And keep each other posted on our new life's.

[/quote']

I was banded october 3 rd recovery was good. I have lost 35 pounds since i started my journey. I am on regular diet now and cant wait to get my first fill in november 6 th

Hi! I was banded October 5. Everything is going great. I'm still on mushy phase. Get my first fill Nov 5. I have the Realize band btw.

Hi everyone, I joined in late in the month- hope that is ok. I'm getting banded on 10/26 and am thankful for you all sharing stories and encouragement.

I was banded on 10-10-12 and I'm still on liquids too. I go back for my first follow up tomorrow! I have lost 8 pounds so far and I'm having a hard time with hunger but I'm determined to make it better :)

Hello Everyone!

I was banded on the 4th, I've lost 20 pounds since surgery and 31 all together. I'm on the mushy diet, and I'm so over it.

On a good note, I walked on the treadmill for 55 minutes (just over 2.5 miles) today!!!

I was banded on 10/5 move to soft foods on Saturday.

The puréed stage didn't bother me too bad, after all I hardly eat anything. As for the hunger, yes I feel it right about the time I have a Protein shake mid morning or mid afternoon. I eat " dinner" around 7. If I get hungry before be a sf Popsicle or a cup of hot tea usually works. I consume approx 500-600 cal a day.

Hi everyone' date=' I joined in late in the month- hope that is ok. I'm getting banded on 10/26 and am thankful for you all sharing stories and encouragement.[/quote']

Welcome. Never too late!

I was banded on Oct. 4th too. I'm having a lot of problems with hunger too - but just suck it up. I get to mushy foods on Friday. My coworkers and I are going to a cafeteria nearby for lunch that day, that I call the blue-haired's hangout...heee...so I can get a scoop of mashed potatoes! They have the best dinner rolls - but I'll be sliding my tray right on by...and make them soggy with my tears...hahaha - j/k.

I was banded on the 9th. Still on clears. Follow up tomorrow and hoping to go on full liquid/mushies soon. A girl can only take so much chocolate Protein shakes.

Recovery has been great. Still sore at a few incision sites. Have lost 15 pounds since the 4th when I went on pre op

Hi all!

I was banded on 10/11/12, so I'm still on clears. I'm feeling good but having a hard time getting any Protein in. The shakes make me nauseated and I haven't found anything I can stomach for Protein yet. (I only got down about 10 gm yesterday and I know that's nowhere near what I need.) I've ordered the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury stuff cause I hear it's *pretty good*.

Happy to be here! Can't wait for mushies....

Hi Everyone!

Really glad I found this! I just got banded on the 13th of October and I'm still in my liquid diet phase. Not restricted to Clear liquids, just creamed Soups, smoothies and Protein shakes. I"m STARVING but feeling really lucky I don't have pain and am not even on Tylenol and have been back at work since 2 days after surgery. I can't wait to move to mushy food - i"m sure i'll be sick of that diet by the end too, but seriously...my stomach needs something it can grab on to!

Anyone else having itchy incision sites?

Hi Everyone!

Really glad I found this! I just got banded on the 13th of October and I'm still in my liquid diet phase. Not restricted to clear liquids' date=' just creamed Soups, smoothies and Protein shakes. I"m STARVING but feeling really lucky I don't have pain and am not even on Tylenol and have been back at work since 2 days after surgery. I can't wait to move to mushy food - i"m sure i'll be sick of that diet by the end too, but seriously...my stomach needs something it can grab on to!

Anyone else having itchy incision sites?[/quote']

I was banded on the 12th and I've been wearing an abdominal binder but my incisions are sooo itchy. Lol. Still on liquids, can't wait for mushies!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk