Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna Insurance

Hang in there you two!!!!! I hope your approvals and surgery dates come sooner! Fingers crossed

Still waiting to hear from Aetna they have had all my paperwork since Oct. 31st. It's driving me CRAZY ! Everytime I call they tell me it's still in review.

Still waiting to hear from Aetna they have had all my paperwork since Oct. 31st. It's driving me CRAZY ! Everytime I call they tell me it's still in review.

Aetna told me they have up to 14 working days to review all paperwork. I was given an answer in exactly 14 days. They like to take their time don't they? Don't they understand all the added stress they put us under? Good luck to you and I hope you get an answer soon.

Still waiting to hear from Aetna. Monday November 19th will be 14 business days since they got all my paper work so I expect to hear something then. IT'S STILL DRIVING ME CRAZY :)

Well the doctor's office heard from Aetna. I can't believe it but I was denied :( I am 5'3" 215 pounds, pre diabetic, elevated blood pressure and high cholesterol . I did the six month supervised and only lost a few pounds ( but didn't gain) and was denied. We are waiting for the letter to find out why so we can appeal it. I am heart broken and have been so upset since I heard.

Well the doctor's office heard from Aetna. I can't believe it but I was denied :( I am 5'3" 215 pounds, pre diabetic, elevated blood pressure and high cholesterol . I did the six month supervised and only lost a few pounds ( but didn't gain) and was denied. We are waiting for the letter to find out why so we can appeal it. I am heart broken and have been so upset since I heard.

I'm so sorry. Don't give up!

Well the doctor's office heard from Aetna. I can't believe it but I was denied :( I am 5'3" 215 pounds' date=' pre diabetic, elevated blood pressure and high cholesterol . I did the six month supervised and only lost a few pounds ( but didn't gain) and was denied. We are waiting for the letter to find out why so we can appeal it. I am heart broken and have been so upset since I heard.[/quote']

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Please don't give up, appeal the decision as soon as possible!!!!

Thanks mzyunique1 I am going to appeal its just so frustrating. But I'm not giving up.

BeckySue, Dr. Trahan's office will do what they can to help you. Have you appealed yet?

We are waiting for the official letter from Aetna. Dr. Trahan's office called that's how we know I was denied. Nurse Lillian said as soon as we get the letter we will appeal with a peer to peer review. I'm trying not to loose hope.

Beckysue: I am in the same boat as you. Aetna denied me, and I'm waiting for my surgeon to do the peer-to-peer review. Good luck! Please keep us updated.

Jenndkopp good luck to you too. I'm hoping the peer to peer will work but don't know at this point. I went to the seminar in March of 2012 and have been work ( jumping threw hoops) for almost 9 months. It's just so upsetting. Keep me posted on your progress.

I've been denied twice by Aetna. I did the supervised diet 3 times already! Almost a year trying to get approved. They just do not want to pay even though I meet all the requirements. I've tried so hard to do everything right and they denied me because I did not lose weight. I've tried not to give up hope but I think I am about ready to throw in the towel. Tired of fighting :(

Keep your heads up. I am sure it is fustrating but look at the journey you guys have come through. I am sure it will work out. Have you called Aetna to talk to them to see what they are looking for? Keep us updated. My surgery was finally scheduled for 1/10

I've been denied twice by Aetna. I did the supervised diet 3 times already! Almost a year trying to get approved. They just do not want to pay even though I meet all the requirements. I've tried so hard to do everything right and they denied me because I did not lose weight. I've tried not to give up hope but I think I am about ready to throw in the towel. Tired of fighting :(

. What is your surgeon saying about this ? And why were you denied before? And did your surgeon tell you you had to loose weight during your six month diet?