Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I'm Not Losing

Help! I had my banding in june 2010 and have only lost 40 lbs. I can't seem to lose anymore. My problem is that I'm eating almost as much as before, the band does not restrict the amount of food I eat, but it does make me eat S L O W. If I get super hungry sometimes I eat to fast and I have to go throw up, it's gets stuck. Because of this I'm afraid to let them fill me again. I've had 3 or 4 already. I am 68 and come from a very fat family. Losing weight has always been a problem. Now I have to go in for a weighing in 2 wks and I know they are not going to be happy that I, once again, have not lost any weight.

If I don't eat until I am satisfied... I'm hungry before the next meal. I'm eating mostly meat, veggies and very little if any potatoes or Pasta products. I don't eat sweets. In fact I've been eating so much meat and cheese that my cholesterol has gone up.

Any advice?

Also... how do you edit your profile?

Do you weigh and log your food? Often people are suprised at how much they are really eating. I eat 1200 calories a day high Protein, low carbs. I log all my food on myfitnesspal ~ keeps me accountable.

It also sounds like you might need to refresh yourself on eating with the band, small bits (size of pinky nail), chew till mush, eat slow & no drinking with meal. If I get too hungry this is the first thing that goes out the window, lol.

Last suggestion is see a nutritionist, they can be a tremendous help in meal planning, find what works for you.

Good luck, you can do this!

Also... how do you edit your profile?

Have to be on the full site, not the app.

Thank you but diets never work for me... I want to eat less. I see nutritionalist and I do everything she says but I still believe my portions are too big. Maybe I do need another fill. It's funny, once I'm "into" the meal I don't get anything stuck no matter how big the bite. It's just the first 5-8 minutes of the meal that I get stuck.

I edited my profile. Thank you.

The answer is simple, you need a fill to get to the green zone. Once there you'll be satisfied on a cup of food or less and you will go four to five hours or more not being hungry.

Now if its head hunger that makes you eat more when you're not hungry then that's something you have to work hard on to overcome it.

Being banded is not a diet but a healthy lifestyle change for life with occasional treats in moderation.

Also when you are in the green zone you will need to take smaller bites and chew and swallow and wait a minute before doing it all again till you hit satiety ( around twenty mins or less for some people).

Get your band fine tuned and you will see how much easier it is to eat less!

That first 5-8 minite thing is often referred to as " first bit syndrome". I get it to. I have had it from my 3rd fill. It took about 6 fills to get to the green zone for me. It sounds like you need a fill. FBS happens b/c you may be hungry and forget to follow the rules! I sometimes dont chew well enough and my band reminds me its there!

Good luck at your next appointment!

Help! I had my banding in june 2010 and have only lost 40 lbs. I can't seem to lose anymore. My problem is that I'm eating almost as much as before' date=' the band does not restrict the amount of food I eat, but it does make me eat S L O W. If I get super hungry sometimes I eat to fast and I have to go throw up, it's gets stuck. Because of this I'm afraid to let them fill me again. I've had 3 or 4 already. I am 68 and come from a very fat family. Losing weight has always been a problem. Now I have to go in for a weighing in 2 wks and I know they are not going to be happy that I, once again, have not lost any weight.

If I don't eat until I am satisfied... I'm hungry before the next meal. I'm eating mostly meat, veggies and very little if any potatoes or Pasta products. I don't eat sweets. In fact I've been eating so much meat and cheese that my cholesterol has gone up.

Any advice?[/quote']

My friend had the same problem! 2 years only 40 lbs. why won't you get another fill? If you are afraid of getti g stuck, that already seems to be an issue.

She had frank talks with the doctor, had a couple more folks until it got just right. Then the rest melted off!

Thank you for the help. I'll let them fill me in two weeks and I'll let you know. I'm a bit scared of it... but I guess it has to be done. Hubby and I are retired and we travel a lot and eat out a lot and that's a problem because it takes me so long to eat and hubby gets antsy.

Thank you very much for the advice.