Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing...:(

Please help. I have been banded 3 years..have lost over 65...started at 250...however I have not lost any weight in the past year or so. I hardly eat anything and if course find it easy to eat stuff that goes down easy which tends to be junk. So I do try to get in a Protein shake... Real food even thought I chew good... Doesn't go down easy... I haven't had a full in over a year.. Do I need an unfill ? I know I need more protein and all and need to stop all just k food. Anyone had this problem and what did you do. What worked for you.

Have been banded 2+ yrs. Maybe slight unfill. Careful eating only soft foods can put on weight,

Good luck

Wendy

hi...even I am not loosing...tho I eat lot of protein..our bodies resist a lot..it is a combination of exercise, high Protein diet and lots of water....combine all three stop junk food and you will loose.

if you can't get in atleast two healthy meals a day besides a protien shake in am, it suggests you are to tight and need some Fluid taken out. if we don't feed our selves the right nugtrtion thru healthy foods we won't loose and we will gain. Also if we don't do some sort of working out we will also gain. This is just a tool not a magic wand.

Write down or use a handy phone ap to track your calories. I track every thing I put in my mouth except toothpaste so I don't go over 1000 calories. I also eat 3/4 oz of Protein, 1/2 c veggies and 1/4 c startch in that order at every meal. You also may want to speak to your dr about your concerns. That is what he is there for.

Good luck.

OMG YOU SOUND LIKE HOW IM LIVING!!!

I have been banded for almost 2 years and ive lost quit a bit but NOT enough!! My last fill was in Feb and since then I've had nothing but issues. I would either not eat at all or eat "slider" foods. My main food, when I did eat was potatoes ! Mashed, baked, you name it! i also try to get in the occasional Protein. i honestly would try so hard to eat right... Proteins veggies, so on. meats in general are like swallowing death. I just couldn't do it! I haven't lost weight in over a year, and i know why. sliders foods, clearly, are NOT the answer! i started noticing that my acid re-flux was becoming unbearable !!! Know what I did, after fighting and arguing with myself, I got an un-fill! I just got it today. My doctor didn't sound happy with me when i told him how sick ive been and weak (even was tested for being anemic because i NEVER had energy) he took out 3 cc's. I'm scared, I'm excited, I'm nervous... can I handle this?!?!?!? You know what, not eating is not the answer, slider foods is not the answer! Go get an un-fill!!! i am excited to go by turkey and chicken... I am thrilled that i will be able to sit and try and eat a healthy meal without having to run to the bathroom to get "rid" of it.

I wish you the best of luck!! I didn't think anyone was going through was I was going through... boy do i love this website!!

:wub: Ronni

Time to get back in the docs office, get remotivated and get back in the game. You can do it! ;)

Thank you everyone!! Yes I have got to get back in the game..really want to lose 30 more and it's a shame I haven't gone back to the doctor. I think a slight unfill may be the answer so I do t dread eating and can eat healthier! And I will pledge to you all that I will cut back and stop the slider foods!! I can do this and didn't have wls for nothing... I need to user tool!

I think getting a small unfill would help you tremendously. People often think tight is good, but when you're so tight you can't eat healthy and are stuck eating slider foods it, not only does it put you at risk for complications but it will seriously hinder (or even halt) your weight loss.

By getting a small unfill and being able to eat again, you won't be so restricted on what you can eat and will be able to make healthy food choices again. It will help your weight loss a lot.

Best wishes to you

Sounds like you might have soft calorie syndrome. When you can't eat solid food and favor soft and liquid foods, you don't experience enough satiety to keep hunger at bay. Plus a lot of soft and liquid foods are high in sodium, sugar, and starches. So I agree with the other folks who replied to your thread - go back to your surgeon, tell him/her what's been going on with your eating, and talk about a small unfill. Even taking just a few drops of saline out of your band can improve your eating and quality of life without sacrificing your restriction.