Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dropping Sizes

Just curious, what is the average number of pounds lost that have taken you down a size? My Internet searches are saying about 10-20 pounds lost is a size lost. I'm down 37 pounds so far, but haven't really dropped a size yet. My clothes are feeling more loose so I know I'm close to the next size down, just not there yet.

no idea on that question

i would think it is different because of a persons size, height etc..

i have lost 6 pant sizes but it could be more or less on a taller person

(as i am short). as long as you are losing (and judging by your clothes)

i think that is awesome. and 37 pounds lost is freeking amazing. you go

chatty :)

When I first started losing, I think I was losing about 30-40 pounds between sizes. In more recent months, I am feeling my clothes get too big after about 15 pounds. I have no idea why it's happened like that but for me, it has. It seems like the smaller I get, the more I notice drops in sizes.

It was about 40 pounds for me to lose my first size.

I think the larger you are clothing is made to be more stretchy and loose. So it takes more pounds to lose a size. Once you are in say 16 and under it takes less pounds and then when you get to single digits even less to drop a size. At least that is what seems to be happening with me.

I have lost a little over 60 and have gone from a tight, tight, tight 22!tona super loose 16/tight 14. It all depends on where you have weight to lose. If you look at my progress pics, you can see I had a large belly to start.

When I started my journey, I weighed 225 and wore a size 22 comfortably. I have lost 55lbs and now in a comfortable 16. I am 5'2".

weight.png

I found that it varied. At first at a size 20 it took close to 20-30 pounds to drop a size, but after that it was more around every 15 pounds. But I think there is a lot of variation depending on body shape, height, etc that effect this.

Just curious' date=' what is the average number of pounds lost that have taken you down a size? My Internet searches are saying about 10-20 pounds lost is a size lost. I'm down 37 pounds so far, but haven't really dropped a size yet. My clothes are feeling more loose so I know I'm close to the next size down, just not there yet.[/quote']

Im down 35 pounds and in have the same issues. I just keep feeling like i will never be in a size smaller. :(