Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 20lbs to goal and I am going to do something with this stomach after the first of the year. Here is my question dilemma, what ever you want to call it. The top part of my stomach is flat but the bottom part hangs a bit and is wide and I know that even with 20 more pounds it is not going to go. I really do not want a full Tummy Tuck because I really don't think I need it and a paniculectomy is way less money and to just get rid of that part would make me happy. I am tired of wearing long shirts just to cover that part up. Im not really fat anymore anywhere else. I went from a 50 DD to a 44 c so I am happy even if they are sagging lol. My legs are like sticks and my arms too. Its just that ole hang over that is annoying the crap out of me. I wear Spanx to hide it but I know its there. What say you?

I went for the full Tummy Tuck. But I also had a lot of ad damange thanks to 3 pregnancies. I am extremely happy with mine.

I just cant take that much time off from work right now after the first of the year. I was thinking it would be less time with a panniculectomy and less money.

I know I needed a good two weeks off for mine.

Set up an appt with a surgeon and see what they say.

Well I do a lot of lifting so I might need more then that. But thanks for the info. I think I will at least get a consult because most of them do free consults.

One of the things that swayed me to full Tummy Tuck instead of panniculectomy was my belly button. I couldn't imagine not having one, and the one that my surgeon made for me is so cute!

Good luck!

Sue

Oh wow, I didnt know if you just went with the panni, you didnt get your belly button back! I couldnt imagine not having one.

Well I don't know why they wouldnt give you a belly button the skin is still pulled tight and any surgeons office I have called indeed puts the belly button back however I could live without a belly button Im not wearing a bikini or showing off my stomach

I am contemplating the panny thingy...funny I just heard that word yesterday at my dr.s office. I need it and I want it bad!!!!! I can't fit into a pair of jeans because of it. I can wear a size medium yoga pant so I have little bum and little legs now. The hangover belly has to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had panni surgery in Jan 2010 and am really pleased with it. I do have a belly button. And one last thing, insurance paid for the panni surgery. I had a breast lift at the same time but that I had to pay for as that was considered cosmetic.

I had panni surgery in Jan 2010 and am really pleased with it. I do have a belly button. And one last thing' date=' insurance paid for the panni surgery. I had a breast lift at the same time but that I had to pay for as that was considered cosmetic.[/quote']

Whats a Panni. Sounds a little easier to go through im guessing. Im so done with surgery but i know ill have this little apron thing hanging across my lap. Is that it?

It is like a Tummy Tuck without the surgeon tightening the stomach muscles, removing excess skin. I won't spell this correctly but the term is pannilectomy.

It is like a Tummy Tuck without the surgeon tightening the stomach muscles' date=' removing excess skin. I won't spell this correctly but the term is pannilectomy.[/quote']

Oh i remember years ago when managed to get down to an ideal weight (for a few minutes) now if i could just get rid of this flap of skin on my belly id be happy. Made me higher in pants size even. Maybe thats all i need. Im too old to wear a bikini but the right size pants would be nice. And it was always so irritated under it.

I think I am going to go with the panni. Im going to make an appt with a plastic surgeon. I am going to see if my insurance will pay for it. I think he can manage to fix it so they will. I dont have any irritation and it really doesnt hand much but enough to make me look ugly in tight pants and Im sick of still buying long shirts to cover this disgusting thing. It's not just skin but some fat too. It wont seem to leave even though Im still losing. But they can suck the fat out if they do the panni. It's not like its hanging on my lap but it is very irritating to say the least. If it's just not there I would be happy and if my insurance will pay that would make me even happier. I think they would want pics of irritation though and I dont have that so I dont know how they would submit that claim. But I do have a lot of numbness in my lower back and left leg and the neurologist said its probably from the extra weight in the lower part of my stomach so maybe that would do the trick.

Can I jump in here and ask about the Spanx? How do you know how to buy it and where from etc? I have a long ways yet to go but already with some of my loss I can tell I'd look less lumpy if I wore spanx but I'm too scared to go ask about it. Also thank you for the panni word - I've been looking for months to remember what the dr. said this was called and you reminded me!! I look forward to hearing how things go for you.