Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Days Post Op

lilbrigy
Sign in to follow this  

rightio so im 6 days post op and until now i havnt actually felt any real pain,, but i sneezed this morning and my god did my port side hurt,, i can actually feel it now,, also im just starting to get hungry now,, other then that going really good,, think i might start walking tomorrow,, EXCITED,, anywhooo figured id just give an update as no one else had posted yet

I am glad to hear you are doing well!!!! Girl! It is posts like this that is giving me some much needed encouragement!

ooo your being banded today ??? good luck :)

Good morning folks.... this is my first post-op posting. I had the band put in on 10-11-12..sorta cool hu? So far, as ridiculous as it seems, my left shoulder hurts more than any other part of my body. It seems that a gas pocket can form in your shoulder. Currently, I am having my first cup of coffee so, the world seems a bit better a place. Right now I feel about 50 pounds heavier than before the surgery. Anyone know how long it takes before you begin to feel normal? I go back to work on Monday... that should take my mind off of my stomach,

your brave going back to work so early,,, i was told to stay away from work or physical activity for at least two weeks

ummm i started to feel a bit more "normal" around 45 days out,, i was finding i was having more energy and just functioning normally,,, bit slow moving still and im ten days out,, my port incesion is a bit akward now cuz if i move the wrong way or cough it pulls and that hurts a bit, it didnt do that to start,, started around day 5,, but its normal because the port is stitched to our muscles,, the shoulder pain was the worst part of the first few days for me also,, i found panadol and heat packs work AWESOMELY tho

i was scared to get weigh on my one week post op day cuz i felt really heavy and bloated,, but i had actually lost 5kg which was exciting,,

i had my first coffee post on yesterday and i found cuz i havnt had sugar in my system for so long the coffee actually sent me a little hyper which was funny for my house mates apparently LOL

but yea,, day 5,6 you should start feeling "normal" again,, just watch out for that port pain cuz it kinda snuck up on me OUCHY

good luck

So good to hear that things are going well. I just joined tonight and my surgery is set for 7 days from today, I am excited. Did you have to follow a pre-op diet? Did you have to stay overnight?

hey,, good luck with your surgury

nah i didnt have to do preop diet,, i was already dieting before i went for my first app so my liver had already shunk,

yea i stayed over night,, i slept till about 12pm and then couldnt slee again till about 530 just cuz i had hospital beds :/

I gotcha, thanks! You are doing great!

I am still doing well...although I did move wrong the other day...and can feel my port now...and am very sore around there. I have lost about 7lbs since surgery...a week and a half ago...wish it was more...but I am still a little swollen too...Gas is still there too. But, other than that, I am doing well! Getting back to normal with driving and all.

The major thing is that I am craving sweets! I have never had that problem before. Crazeee!!!!

Hello from Louisiana everyone. I was banded 13 days ago. I think I am doing very, very well. I don't sit still well, so I was up and running on Day 2, which, in nursing terms means (I think), about 48 hours post op. Short trip to the grocery store for more sugar-free popsicles. I have decreased energy, and finally the carbon dioxide which causes the shoulder and substernal miseries has subsided. So I have nothing to gripe about, except that I would like to have lost 50 pounds already.

I am consumed with thoughts about food, cooking, watching others eat, etc. but I have been able to stay on the correct foods and supplements so far. Tea with splenda is my best friend.

So how is everyone else doing? What problems are you having? post-345213-13813140477047_thumb.jpg