Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks Of Working Out (5Days A Week) Lost 2.8Lbs !! Has This Happened To You?

I finally weighed myself today and to my unpleasant surprise lost 2.8lbs. LOL I guess I have been focusing on the # on the scale for the past year that I was expecting a bigger number.

I am on myfitnesspal and have been consuming under 1500 calories for the past couple of months so its not like I am over eating my workout (1hr cardio, 30-60 min weights).

I have 2 personal trainers that are helping me and have told me that it's muscle gain and perfectly normal which is a relief but I wanted to know if anyone has gone thru this?

but have you lost inches? Using weights makes you bulk up and muscle makes you weigh more. Concentrate on the inches right now

My gf says I have...but I didnt really measure before to be accurate. I feel great and people tell me Iook great so I'm def. gonna keep on keeping on...my trainers said eventually the weight will start coming off again....

I have been working out with a trainer for the past 7 months - 3 days a week. I only lost 20 lbs but I droped 5 sizes. There is a misconception that muscle weighs more than fat but actually a pound is a pound no matter if it is fat or muscle. The difference is muscle is leaner and therefore you are toner and smaller instead of all jiggly and fat. So you say you have only dropped less than 3 lbs but have you lost inches, dropped you percent of body fat and do you look toner? Are you sure you are eating enough Protein and calories, when lifting weight I know you burn more calories and high protein diet is key to developing muscles. My two cents!

I have been working out with a trainer for the past 7 months - 3 days a week. I only lost 20 lbs but I droped 5 sizes. There is a misconception that muscle weighs more than fat but actually a pound is a pound no matter if it is fat or muscle. The difference is muscle is leaner and therefore you are toner and smaller instead of all jiggly and fat. So you say you have only dropped less than 3 lbs but have you lost inches, dropped you percent of body fat and do you look toner? Are you sure you are eating enough Protein and calories, when lifting weight I know you burn more calories and high Protein diet is key to developing muscles. My two cents!

I appreciate your 2 cents...I was wondering if anyone had gone thru anything similar and you are a prime example. I feel toner and my gf says I look the part too...so its working in a way I was not expecting. I will continue to strive for it, Im cutting out some things from my diet and upping the protein...Im slowly starting to get over the initial shock of having only lost 3lbs lol... Boy what a journey!

First of all, congrats on having a workout routine and sticking to it. That's half the battle! :)

I agree that you are probably losing inches even if its not reflected on the scale as quickly as you'd like. My doctor had suggested to me when I hit a plateau that I needed to change the order of my exercise. For example, if you do cardio first then weights, flip it. When was the last time you tried a new machine at the gym or a new class? I'm sure your trainers can help you mix it up.

Also, after my plateau I found upping my fluids and eating "cleaner", less processed foods worked wonders.

Keep us posted!

Since you are working out and toning up, I would focus on a healthy body fat percentage and not the number on the scale. I was told to aim for 25-30% body fat, so I would guess a man should be 20-25%...

I finally weighed myself today and to my unpleasant surprise lost 2.8lbs. LOL I guess I have been focusing on the # on the scale for the past year that I was expecting a bigger number.

I am on myfitnesspal and have been consuming under 1500 calories for the past couple of months so its not like I am over eating my workout (1hr cardio' date=' 30-60 min weights).

I have 2 personal trainers that are helping me and have told me that it's muscle gain and perfectly normal which is a relief but I wanted to know if anyone has gone thru this?[/quote']

Frustrating huh? 30-60 of weight training explains it. Try running for cardio while training. Nothing drops it faster.

Up your Protein and make sure enough Water. If plenty of protein then don't worry about it. You lost plenty for one week. Good job!

Oh & as u get smaller your weight drops will be smaller. Not a big deal. Down is down.

Thanks everyone...I weight myself a day ago (about 6 weeks since my last weigh in) and I'm down 9.5lbs which is awesome! LOL I was just taken aback with the 3lbs after 5 hard weeks. I appreciate the insight, I am taking it to heart...I have already modified my diet and upped my Protein and Water.

I will not let this plateau beat me! LOL

Thanks again.

I am on myfitnesspal and have been consuming under 1500 calories for the past couple of months so its not like I am over eating my workout (1hr cardio' date=' 30-60 min weights).

I have 2 personal trainers that are helping me and have told me that it's muscle gain and perfectly normal which is a relief but I wanted to know if anyone has gone thru this?[/quote']

I'm a woman- OF COURSE it has happened to me! Are you close to your period? Ha Jk! Keep the faith. It'll all work out!