Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Oz On Sweeteners, Right Now.

I agree with the others who have posted about using the natural and unprocessed ingredient rather than a chemical filled "alternative". I've often posted on this forum about staying with basic and unprocessed foods as much as possible.

I have gotten accustomed to minimal use of fats such as butter, only shopping on the periphery of the grocery store to find the produce, dairy, and meat sections.

My late mother and grandmother were years ahead of their time when they taught me from an early age to avoid white anything in food (except potatoes), and avoid over processed anything.

Simply put, more additives equals less nutrition, and higher risk for negative effects on health. Not worth it to me...it's easier and healthier to do without the sweets and fats.

what doesnt hurt us anymore?

hair spray bad for the air and for us to breath in

even my toothpaste has ingredients i cant pronounce or even know what it is

what is better? natural i would guess

but i do use items that use artificial ingredients.

just how it is in our worlds.

i do know this to be true, just because it says natural or organic, doesnt mean it is or that is better

unless you pick it off a tree, pull from ground, milk the cow, its processed

like i have learned in my newly banded life, everything in moderation

It just has never sat with me to use a substitute for anything - sugar or fat. the thing is, if you eat these things reasonably in healthy quantities, then you dont need a substite for them! If you are ingesting bucketloads of equal a day then you are filling yourself with WAY too many foods that are not healthy and natural and that's the habit you need to change, the ingestion of sweetener will take care of itself.

Real butter - its not evil you know. We all need fat and a natural product like butter has its place, as long as you dont eat too much of it.

Stevia is natural, but if you check the ingredient on your can, its nearly always mixed with xylitol to make it edible, otherwise its incredibly bitter. Xylitol is not such a problem unless you happen to react to it - it can give you diarrhoea and cramps.

My doctor told me no pink or blue sweeteners, to only use stuff made with sucralose like splenda or stevia. It has worked for me.

scorrea, Glad to see you have it all figured out. I'm stumped.

I drink mostly Decaf anything, but occassionaly regular.... How do you make your iced decaf tea?

I use about 4 decaf tea bags and boil the Water, let it steep for about an hour. Put it in a pitcher and while Water is warm add the sweetner that I will use, then fill the pitcher to the top with cold water. Thats it!

I use about 4 Decaf tea bags and boil the Water, let it steep for about an hour. Put it in a pitcher and while Water is warm add the sweetner that I will use, then fill the pitcher to the top with cold water. Thats it!

Well, man...I could do that! ;) Just laughing at myself there.

I heard of people putting tea bags in a gallon jug and setting it out in the sun, or something, to let it brew that way. I thought maybe you did that. But I think these two left hands can make it the way you do. :D

Thanks for letting me know!

Wow...all the seriousness over this product or that...organic or not...natural or not...

I ingest all sorts of crap one way or the other. I'm gonna die from one thing or the other. I go about this Earth the best I can, I do my best to eat well, that is all I can do. Most everything in the Earth, Air or Water is contaminated. Products are made safe using science. Products are also made unsafe by science. New fad? Well, my Band is new, and I accepted the risks that go with that new fad (it was new once!)...

To each his or her own.