Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pretty Much A Failure!

I was banded in July 2012. I lost 20lbs prior to surgery, it felt great! I have now had three fills, with 5.7cc in a 10cc band.This past fill really made a difference!

I am still hungry every 2.5 hours though. I feel like I am failing big time! I haven't lost anymore weight since surgery and even gained 4 lbs since my last appointment.

I just feel like I have lost all my motivation. I am an extremely picky eater, which is what got me in this position in the first place. I need to do a little soul searching to kick start my process again.

I am just venting.... thanks for listening!

It's very hard when you're battling hunger and trying to lose weight, even harder when you've gone through the Lap Band surgery and are struggling to utilize the tool inside of you without adequate Fluid in the band yet. My heart goes out to you.

When I was where you are, the only way I was able to lose weight despite not having enough Fluid in my band was by focusing on calories and portion size, not actual meal times. I knew there was no way in hell I was going to make it 4 or more hours between meals without starving. I also knew that if I allowed myself to get to that starving point, I would start grazing and binging, resorting back to the old behaviors that got me fat to begin with.

So, I timed it so I could eat something every 2 hours, and I did it while staying within my daily calorie allowance and making sure to never eat more than a cup of food per meal. For me, it worked. I was able to survive "bandster hell" and lose weight despite not being in the Green Zone yet.

Hang in there and best wishes to you.

by being picky, are you eating more than a cup of food at time? (do you focus on Protein as the main choice of your meals)??

ask my hub and he will tell you i am as picky as they come but you know what, i have to put that aside and use my want power and eat/drink like i know i should.

so because you havent lost (alot) you are a failure, is that right? i think 20 pounds is amazing. way to go on that. i havent any fills so i cannot comment on that.

i think you need to regroup and give yourself for some credit.

Thank you ladies for your comments! I feel like I am a failure because I am not sticking to the rules and not losing any weight.

I need to kick myself in the butt and start doing what I should have done all along. I also haven't been checking this website which gave me a lot of motivation prior to surgery. Another downfall on my part.

I got banded in August 2012 and have had some success. I have been having problems last couple of weeks where my weight would fluctuate a bit over multiple days and I don't know if I am losing or gaining. I will tell you though that I am seeing other benefits, my sleeping is better, I have high energy, my diabetes is better. I have started running (a little bit) and I absolutely need new pants.

I suggest focusing on something other than weight for a bit and weigh in only once every 1-2 weeks. Drink lots of calorie free fluids, exercise like walk, bicycle, trainer or gym 3-4 times a week for 1/2 to one hour.

As for food, I have decided to keep sliced meats and cheese in the office. I try to buy the best I can find as I like to maximize taste in the little food I eat. I also start my day with a Protein shake and keep some prepared shakes with me at the office so I make good choices. I am currently using 1 scoop Click espresso Protein Shake with one scoop EAS lean Protein powder and that is working well.

shakes with high Fiber like Bariatric Advantage and EAS Lean Protein help me a lot since they keep me full longer.

I had my surgery on September 28th this year. I did not at all like the pre op diet and I'm enjoying even less the post op diet. However, I'm doing it and sticking to it which is something new for me. I think that with my experience anyway, you have to want this more than anything. I've stuck with both diets and had to go to the hospital once since surgery due to dehydration. I'm getting excited because this Friday I can eat eggs and fish.

Just don't give up and don't be hard on yourself. It's a new learning experience and being hungry is very hard..

First and for most, you are not a failure! Missy & CG have given you some great advise. Now it's time to brush yourself off, regroup and rock this thing. You can do this, we believe in you!!!

Thank you ladies for your comments! I feel like I am a failure because I am not sticking to the rules and not losing any weight.

I need to kick myself in the butt and start doing what I should have done all along. I also haven't been checking this website which gave me a lot of motivation prior to surgery. Another downfall on my part.

whats done is done.

ok, now you admitted the problem. accept it and now

move on....start over right now today. the band will help you if you let it. so let it.

you are not alone. i promise

I was hungry every 2 hours also until I got my lst fill which go me up to 6 cc in a 10 cc band. now I am not hungry but want to eat in 3 hours most of the time I forse myself to wait but not always. I to use fitpal to coun my inake and keep i o that and so far so good.

A lot of time I find some food I like and ea tha for several days in a row its working for me. You might try that. Your taste will change as you go along so be sure to try new things. i am not much of a cook but I make myself make something new weekly.

Good luck and be sure to join us in the chat room they are great lisners and someone has always been where u r tha day.

line dancer

I feel like I am a failure because I am not sticking to the rules and not losing any weight.

Ya.... if you don't follow the rules, you will have a hard time being successful!

Protien really does help fill you up and keep you full, When you get hungry and snack between meals... snack on protien like cheese, or greek yogurt or turkey etc.

I know how you feel..we all do. The great thing about LBT I believe is that it's nonjudgmental support. Everyone has skipped a few rules or had weaknesses at times. We didn't get this way because we are disciplined. shake it off and start over. You can do it! Come to My Fitness Pal for additional support. Look me up if you like it.

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate all the comments. Its time to make a difference.

have you been drinking enough. Sometimes we confuse thirst with hunger because it sometimes feels the same. Maybe try new foods and step up the exercisewendy

Sounds like you're still in Bandster Hell, that awful time before our bands are working optimally. And to be honest, my band didn't start reducing my physical hunger until I was 3 years post-op. I survived by planning healthy Snacks (protein, complex carbs) into each day, so that I was eating 3 small meals and 3 Snacks every day. It made a huge difference in my quality of life. It also helped prevent poor food choices and eating problems because I didn't get so ravenously hungry that I would gobble everything and anything in sight as fast as I could when the time came to eat.

And speaking of time...there's a lot to be said for eating when you're hungry, not when the clock says it's time to eat.

I got banded last thursday and total hunger is hitting me today. Can anyone tell me how to feel more full during Clear Liquids stage. I started the day with a cup of coffee. Its my first one since my surgery. i don't know if this has affected my hunger and energy level. Today I feel sluggish. i'm def going to stay clear of coffee for a while.