Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Tighter After Workout?

Does anyone else find their band is tighter after working out? I am 2 weeks out of surgery and just started back at the gym this afternoon. I did a light treadmill workout to start gearing up again, and I feel as tight as I usually do in the mornings. Just wondering if this is a typical thing?

I didn't have that but my port has moved in deeper. I work with a trainer and he beats the crap out of me (lol) I think that may have caused it. It was harder for my doc to locate for a fill

Interesting! I will have to watch for that when I start working with mine. I don't intend to let him beat me up to start, but as we progress... Thanks!

Definitely - after a hard workout. I can go for a light run and eat immediately after but a tough strength training session or inteval training? No way.

Thanks! I figured it made a certain sense, but wanted to check.

I know usually when I work out I'm less hungry. My trainer/instructer/friend always tells me to go home and eat after my high intensity kickboxing class, but most of the time I'm not hungry.

First of all, 73 lbs and you haven't even been banded yet? How amazing are YOU!!! Wow!

I hear you on not being hungry after a workout; I try to at least get a Protein Drink down afterward, since I am thirsty then. And if I don't, I get ravenous later and have trouble not grazing the rest of the evening.

First of all' date=' 73 lbs and you haven't even been banded yet? How amazing are YOU!!! Wow!

I hear you on not being hungry after a workout; I try to at least get a Protein drink down afterward, since I am thirsty then. And if I don't, I get ravenous later and have trouble not grazing the rest of the evening.[/quote']

Are you talking to me?

If you are, yes, I've been banded. Regretfully. I have had no complications, but would never do it again.

Jess, yes. Sorry! I totally misread your surgery date as December of this year!!! Anyway, good on you! I can't wait to being losing in earnest.

Glad I saw this post! I've been working out consistently for the past three weeks, I have noticed my band seems tighter afterwards. Some days I have difficulty drinking my Protein Shake after a workout. I also have days when I can eat my regular dinner afterwards - I just figure this band has a mind of its own:-)

My band is tighter after a workout and I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing. I am lucky to get down an entire Protein Shake sometimes. I walk on a underwater treadmill at about 3.2 mph for about 40 minutes. I asked my doctor about it and she said "The band has a mind of it's own sometimes for sure. Mind your band!" LOL LOL So I mind my band, because it's definitely in charge! LOL LOL

I was banded on 12/14 and I feel my band is tight early in the morning right when I wake up! Is that normal or is it gas and swelling?

All of the above. Bands tend to be tighter in the morning, after working out, and around that time of the month. The Dr says to do soft food or liquid in the morning. It gets better.

I take hot herbal tea to the gym instead of Water. I can't drink a lot anyway. Sipping something hot has helped me not feel tight. I have the Realize band. I do TRX classes 3x a week.