Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day six. I don't know if I'm having spasms ,, I'm hungry, in pain , have gas, or what. But under my ribs it hurts. It's only been six days so should I be hungry. What can I eat. And I have more nausea now than before. And yes I'm walking , started using a straw. What's wrong. I get heavy. Chills for no reason. And I think I'm getting dehydrated Any ideas how to stop the pain. Or what it is

First off u need to be drinking 4 bottles of Water a day. If your dehydrated u will have lots of problems from dizzy to confusion. Second, pain is normal, hungry is normal. But your swollen so drink some broth.. And water.. It will get better

I had pain under my ribs for a while but the doctor told me it was from inflamation. I had trouble sitting as it felt like my organs were jabbing into my ribs. It just took time to subside for me.

Hi

First off congrats.

You are at the beginning of the journey. Yes being hungry is normal. Your dr should have given you a list and schedule of when to begin each part like Clear Liquids, mushies, cream Soups etc.

The pain you are feeing could be gas or just healing because it is still early. Your very inflamed inside by both your band site and port.

My dr said no straws because of the air you take in when you use it. That could be irritating you as well. Keep walking and drinking Water. Sometimes hot stuff make you feel better too.

Good luck

Please have patience.

:rolleyes:

Wendy

Day six. I don't know if I'm having spasms ,, I'm hungry, in pain , have gas, or what. But under my ribs it hurts. It's only been six days so should I be hungry. What can I eat. And I have more nausea now than before. And yes I'm walking , started using a straw. What's wrong. I get heavy. Chills for no reason. And I think I'm getting dehydrated Any ideas how to stop the pain. Or what it is

What were your surgeon's post op instructions regarding your post op diet? All surgeons seem to be a little different with instructions that they give their patients, however you should have been given a diet to follow. Contact their office to get additional guidance on this. I can tell you that I had to remain on a totally liquid diet for an entire 2 weeks post op.

Nausea is a symptom of severe dehydration, and cannot be ignored. I ended up in the hospital because I became severely dehydrated and did not recognize the symptoms. From day 1 post op, I still keep a bottle of Water with me and sip from it frequently.

I also was advised to never use a straw...so I have learned to sip everything.

This soon post op, you're still healing, so be gentle with yourself. Make sure you get those instructions from your surgeon...and feel better.

Thanks. I will skip the straw. My information says i can start Soups that are blended on wk2. So two more days. I will push more liquid. It just makes me burp more. So I'll walk more

hey there! first of all, congrats and take a deep breath! lol sounds like youre freakin out a little.

you just had surgery... youre gonna be sore, inside and out. youre gonna be bloated, gassy and hungry, but you WILL adapt, and learn your new body.

my post op diet was liquids only for 2 weeks. if your sore inside, thats what i would stick with. try some mylicone for the gas, drink lots of Water and DO NOT use straws! they will just bloat you and make you miserable.

stay positive and smile. your life will never be the same :)

First off u need to be drinking 4 bottles of Water a day. If your dehydrated u will have lots of problems from dizzy to confusion. Second' date=' pain is normal, hungry is normal. But your swollen so drink some broth.. And water.. It will get better[/quote']

The pain is gas. Stop using a straw and it will get better

I congratulate you on taking the plunge but as others have stated it is very easy to to become dehydrated. I did and there are so many effects to the body. Also, this stage will pass and you will feel better. This is week 3 for me and I feel do much better. I am still sore but am now outside walking. Glad I took 3 weeks off though.