Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just realized...

When I went into the OR I scooched over onto the opeating table myself, but post-op -- someone would have had to heave-ho me back onto the gurney. Oh goodness, the poor, poor person who had to do that... :D

ROFL!!

When they moved me from the gurney to the bed in my room, they put used an inflatable hovercraft thing! How sick is that!?

*yells* Bring in the crane!!

Ok I am laughing out loud at this one, I am so glad I didnt think about that when I was at the hosiptal, I would have said "I am sorry in advance" to the staff.

Geesh the things we go through!!

seeing as how i can barely move myself around with out a lot of effort, i am gonna owe the staff a huge thanks and apology when i get my surgery done.

i was in a surgery center so i was in the pre-op, op, and post op bed. thank goodness. i would have hated for those people to see the big red set of tatooed lips on my behind!

Laughing out loud here too. Oh ya thanks a lot. Now us pre ops are going to be looking for the strong man or the crane.

Hey Karen,

They saw the LIPS:kiss2: TAT, and you are just lying to yourself when you say the didn't!!!:) :) :)

I have all of ya'll beat. I pee'd myself during surgery, so they had to move my big stanky, urine soaked behind:tired :omg: !!!

((((I knew I should have gone potty before I left!!!))))

Hehehe I dont even want to think about it. Although I'm not a person to be embarrassed by such things. Its just a body, mine is the same as everyone elses.

I did once have surgery on my hand when 7 months pregnant though. Therefore I couldnt have the twilight sedation they normally give in such procedures, just a local in my hand/arm. I was a bit peeved at the conversations going on, I think they forgot that I was "awake". The surgeon barely looked at me, they were talking about their weekend and who was doing who amongst the staff!

Oh, I thought about this too! My knocked out body all jiggly and relaxed and having to be heaved onto the stretcher. But then again, I guess they see it ALL on everyone! I had a pedicure and bikini wax as part of my pre-op preparations, lmao...and I am serious!

Oh. My. God. I never actually considered this fact. I DID realize that I was butt ass nekkid cuz they slid the sleeves off my gown but left me covered. I did realize at somepoint the entire surgical team would see my fish belly white almost 300 pound ass. I NEVER even contemplated the straining, groaning and hernia producing sounds from them shoving my ass over onto the wheelie bed deal. Wow.

Gonna have to go sit in a corner and contemplate that.......with a bottle of tequila.....

Something tells me I shouldn't have opened this thread. :)

With only 5 days until surgery, I really didn't need to start thinking about this. :embarassed:

Oh, well, I'm not the first one they had to do this with. :)

Audra

They have equipment to help move people over. I was kind of lpo'd about my experience. I had surgery in Mexico and I had to scoot myself over onto the OR table after being sedated AND had to scoot myself onto my bed after surgery. No one made any effort to help me at all. :)