Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Am I Not Losing???

I was banded on 9/12 and have lost 20 pounds (mostly from my 7 day liquids) I have not lost a pound since then. I think I am eating too much. Here is my day:

Breakfast: Protein Shake or 1 egg beater or oatmeal

Snack: cheese Stick or 2

Lunch: tuna or yogurt or Protein shake

snack sugar free pudding or SF Ice Pop

dinner Flounder baked with seasonings.

At night time I find myself reaching for a couple of cheese sticks or some cottage cheese too.

Please tell me this will change after my first fill?? I am starting to doubt my decision of the lap band.

I was banded on the 17th and lost 19lbs pre diet and 1week post op. I am 2 weeks out today and have not lost anything else. I am still on liquids, no eggs, oatmeal or meat/fish for me yet. I believe our bodies are somewhat starving and as we are not feeding it adequetly they are in stavation mode and therefore our metabolism has slowed right down and is not burning any of our fat stores. Once we start eating well again and exercising (and get some band restriction) we should be fine. Don't worry, you are in healing mode now, you are only 3 weeks out. Are you exercising, that should boost things a bit.

A couple things... the first 4-6 weeks after surgery are for healing not losing. If I were you, I'd put your scale away for another couple weeks and just focus on recovery.

As for your meals, unfortunately it's almost impossible to say without knowing what your daily calorie count is and what size servings you're eating. Do you know about how many calories you're eating a day? Are you sticking to a cup or less of food per meal?

i got to that point too after a few weeks of being banded but do not worry your body is going through a lot of changes and you will start losing again soon my nut told me that i wouldn't start losing until i started eating again which was true the weight started coming off pretty quick then you are just in bandsters hell right now it too will pass

I too am not able to lose I will go from 166 to 163 than 166 again. What is wrong with me? I dont want to be fat.

Seems like u may need to ADD calories :-)

I hate to burst your bubble, but unless you're one of the very few lucky ones, the first fill probably won't make much of a difference. I've had 4 fills over the past 4 months and am just now starting to feel like I have good restriction.

Track and measure everything, count your calories, and do your best to get in your Protein.

As frustrating as it may be, the first month post-op is not about losing. Don't get discouraged, this is a marathon not a sprint.

hi all...even I have been too frustrated..but at last I think I have found the answer...go on eating proteins....now I have Protein Shakes, chicken, cheese eggs....and finally it comes to 50 gms ....earlier I was a veggie and my Proteins were a pathetic 20 gms or 30 gms.

Thank you everyone for all the advice!!!i got weighed this morning and I am Dow 4 more pounds!!!!!! Down total of 24 woo hoo!!!!

Hun its ok!

My Weight loss slowed once I got off the liquid diet. I have had 3 fills and now I'm starting to lose weight. Are you working out? The lap band is a slow weight loss and you are not that far out of surgery. I got banded July 3 and since then I have only lost like 15 pounds... Granted I wasn't working out. But since I have been working out I have lost another 5! And that was just in a week! It's amazing what working out can do, exapecially when you are not use to it! Once you get a few fills you will notice a difference. Also you might want to try to eat more dense foods like chicken breast and stuff. If you are allowed.

Yes I am working out a couple of days a week and on Tuesdays I take a Zumba Class. I feel great!! I guess I am just anxious!! Thank you all for the responses!! I know I got this in the bag!! I am so ready to get heathly and feel great!!!

actually doctors confuse us. what is equally important is having Proteins and drinking plenty of Water. When ever I drink less water my weight goes up.I loose when I have more proteins and drink lots of water.

I was banded 5 weeks ago today - and i am not looking at the scale anymore since the number doesn't seem to be going down at all! Instead, I am focusing on the changes in my body. I just went shopping tonight and bought pants 2 SIZES smaller!!! I am slimming down without losing a lot of weight. Plus, I am feeling good! So much healthier - and happier! I agree with jen_1381 - this is a marathon, not a sprint...

You are just in the beginning of your journey. 20 pounds is good so far, your body has to take time to adjust, we didn't put this weight on in one month we certainly can't get it off in a month. I went through plateaus but all worth it. Hang in there keep Protein up...drink plenty of Water.< /p>