Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I usually only read the threads for help but i am really struggling. I had my band in april 2012 and have since lost a little over thirty pounds, i have had 2 fills and have about six cc's in my band. Lately, I am always hungry and I am eating everything without problems and without feeling full. My eating is not out of control however I do not think I should be able to eat a bowl of special k and still feel hungry. I have been exercising alot but I do not feel i should be able to eat this much/be this hungry. Do i need a fill?

Any advice would be helpful!

Special K is a slider food. Are you eating solid Proteins? There are some basic band rules .if you are not following them now maybe try:

Band rules:

1.no more than 1 cup of food

2. Protein FIRST then veggie then carb if there is room.

3.no drinking with meals.

4. Small bites chew chew chew

5. 30 min or less to eat.what ever is left after 30 min.stays on the plate

I was banded april 6th. I've lost 59 lbs since starting the preop diet march 23rd.

Good luck to you !

Special K is a slider food. Are you eating solid Proteins? There are some basic band rules .if you are not following them now maybe try:

Band rules:

1.no more than 1 cup of food

2. Protein FIRST then veggie then carb if there is room.

3.no drinking with meals.

4. Small bites chew chew chew

5. 30 min or less to eat.what ever is left after 30 min.stays on the plate

I was banded april 6th. I've lost 59 lbs since starting the preop diet march 23rd.

Good luck to you !

This is great information. Is there a good list of slider foods? Perhaps in Jean's book? I'd like to know, I want to be aware of them. Let me know if you know.

Thanks Tanya

Each person is different when it comes to sliders. I eat Special K fruit and Yogurt every morning for Breakfast and I do fill full after one cup of special K with a half a cup of 1% milk on it.

I have found some foods people say are sliders and don't fill them up actually do for me. I can eat popcorn a cup full and I do fill full and frozen yogurt to.

Everyone is different. I would think that you do need fill, but that is just me.

I think you need a fill too. But a s for sliders, chips, popcorn, crunchy stuff, ice cream. chocolate. Those are real sliders for me but everyone is different. 6 cc is not

A lot. Try a small fill.

I usually only read the threads for help but i am really struggling. I had my band in april 2012 and have since lost a little over thirty pounds, i have had 2 fills and have about six cc's in my band. Lately, I am always hungry and I am eating everything without problems and without feeling full. My eating is not out of control however I do not think I should be able to eat a bowl of special k and still feel hungry. I have been exercising alot but I do not feel i should be able to eat this much/be this hungry. Do i need a fill?

Any advice would be helpful!

What instructions were you given by your surgeon? Are you following them? Are you measuring your portions? Are you drinking with your meals? Do you track all of what you eat?

Special K and all processed cereals are very heavy on carbs and severely lacking on Protein. In my experience, eating "white carbs" leads to craving more carbs...and so is a possible reason that you are not feeling satiated for long after a carb loaded meal.

Proteins take longer to digest, and will keep you satiated for a longer amount of time after eating. I had to wait for 14 weeks post op for my first fill due to medical complications...you can't rely on fills to keep from eating too much and what you shouldn't. That is not what the band is designed to do.

Portion control of the proper and healthy food choices are the cornerstones of weight loss success...along with exercise. Stay with lean Proteins and healthy Fiber carbs (fresh fruit, and fresh or steamed veggies). I'm allowed 3 oz of Protein and 2 oz of carbs for every meal, and every meal is timed to last only 20 minutes.

If your surgeon did not provide you with a list of foods which are allowed, and those to avoid, I would consult with a nutritionist who works with a bariatric patient population.

Best wishes...

I'm becoming VERY aware of my slider foods. I've found that if I eat an apple, cut up in sections before trying things like yogurt or cheese I get fuller faster and I don't necessarily finish the yogurt or cheese.

I'm finding myself being able to have a Protein shake in the morning and not need a snack until around 11:00 AM. I start my day at work at 7 am, so that is pretty good for me. I can hold off on lunch until around 1:30 pm and I'm just a little hungry and not starving. Ole bandy is working well for me!! I'll call him "Bandy Boo'! LOL

You might want to get the smallest fill possible. Sometimes it just takes a little tweak.

I'm becoming VERY aware of my slider foods. I've found that if I eat an apple' date=' cut up in sections before trying things like yogurt or cheese I get fuller faster and I don't necessarily finish the yogurt or cheese.

I'm finding myself being able to have a Protein shake in the morning and not need a snack until around 11:00 AM. I start my day at work at 7 am, so that is pretty good for me. I can hold off on lunch until around 1:30 pm and I'm just a little hungry and not starving. Ole bandy is working well for me!! I'll call him "Bandy Boo'! LOL[/quote']

That's what is about !! getting in tune with your body and your band. You are on the right track. For me slider foods are all cereals , yogurt , Cookies , chips, anything that's full of carbs I dont have to really chew, dissolves easily, usually has no Protein.< /p>