Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to do a two week pre OP diet having a shake for Breakfast and lunch and either a lean cuisine or shake for dinner and I lost 20lbs..

the best shakes are the Premier Protein chocolate shakes from Costco! They Taste like chocolate milk! I've been drinking these Protein Shakes for a year now and still love them.. They are 30g of Protein per shake, and the lowest sugar carbs and calories shakes I've found!

I didn't have a pre op diet nor did I have to lose any pre op. I didn't have to do a supervised diet for insurance (Medicare). My dr just told me not to gain anything about a month before my band surgery. Not sure there's a "normal" amt. I guess you just have to follow your drs instructions.

Good luck with your surgery!

Marci

I'm on my pre op diet now day 6 and I had lost 8 pounds my diet consist in chicken broth , Soups , Protein Shakes , Popsicles , Jello , 1 broil

Egg a day 2 onz of chicken and 1 cup of vegetables plus I also been working out. I'm very happy so far

I second Premier shakes. They are sold at costco and Sam's. I live alone and find the Costco membership with the money. Great prices on Greek yogurt (several brands), plain nuts (like walnuts, pecans, almonds), fruits and veggies, Fiber pills and unflavored fiber powder. And the pharmacy has GREAT prices. I have no relationship to them other than having a membership.

I have the pure Protein vanilla creme powder & mix in sugar free Jello or puddings that are flavors I like..for example s/f orange tastes like a creamsicle & my favorite is lemon flavoring but I have also tried banana s/f pudding & pumpkin pie spice with a teaspoon of vanilla...just a few ideas for different flavors.

I had to lose 5% of my weight which was 12 pounds. I have been low-carbing and cut out all processed, white, sugary foods and have lost 30 pounds since the end of July. I also walk one mile on my treadmill and lift weights at least three times a week.

I had a problem that my nutritionist didn't want me to lose a lot of weight & PCP did. I drew a line down the middle and lost 24lbs in the 6mths. Once my insurance was approved I switched to some LB rules like Protein first' date=' small bites, putting my fork down for one minute between bites, smaller portions, chew 30 times and have lost a total 34lbs and surgery is still 15days away.

I hope adjusting to band life will be easier!

Best to you on your journey![/quote']

Wow. You have the patience to do anything you want to do! Your amazing! It WILL be easier once your on The Bandwagon and will do great. Congratulations on getting approved. I think you just won the biggest battle right there. Good luck.

I was never made to go on a preop diet. :D

I'm on my pre op diet now day 6 and I had lost 8 pounds my diet consist in chicken broth ' date=' Soups , Protein shakes , Popsicles , Jello , 1 broil

Egg a day 2 onz of chicken and 1 cup of vegetables plus I also been working out. I'm very happy so far[/quote']

What kind of Soups were u able to eat?

I'm on my pre op diet now day 6 and I had lost 8 pounds my diet consist in chicken broth ' date=' Soups , Protein shakes , Popsicles , Jello , 1 broil

Egg a day 2 onz of chicken and 1 cup of vegetables plus I also been working out. I'm very happy so far[/quote']

Congratulations on getting approved for banding. Your doing just great. I had to lose (or was Told to by a nurse) 15 pounds to get the surgery. I was SO worried, because I thought not in my wildest dream could I do it. If I could do it, why was I jumping thru hoops getting weigh ins for eight straight months, endoscopic exams, psyciatrists, nutritionists? I lost only 9 but they never said a word about it, ONLY that I had lost enough. They ask you to lose weight, because your getting the Fluid Fat out of your liver before the procedure. I think from reading here, folks who don't have all the requirements above must be self pay? It took me two years to get banded, because doctors discovered I was in A-fib, and needed to undergo a Cardioversion. That delayed everything! Those required tests saved my life.

I will say the Protein Shakes are the worst part. I don't think I will look at vanilla anything, ever again! Haha. Now, I can eat anything I want. I can not tolerate bread of Any kind. Small of anything and enjoy it. Good luck!

My doctor wanted me to lose 10%. However, I made my decision at the end of October (2011) and wanted to have it done before the end of the year. So, they made an exception and said I would only need to lose 5% (which was like 12lbs). I ended up losing 20 lbs between the end of Oct and Dec 22nd when I had my band. I did not have to do the 2 week Protein Shakes, just a high protein/low carb diet the dr gave me. I liked that better than the liquids for 2 weeks before. It has been 10 months since I was banded and now I'm down 70lbs. I'm VERY happy!!!

The Atkins advantage chocolate delight and French vanilla are YUMMY!!!

My doc asked me to lose 10 lbs. b4 surgery. I started watching what I ate the day after I went to the information seminar. I log what I eat on Myfitnesspal.com, it really helps to know what you are eating as the day progress'. I lost 30 lbs. before surgery, felt so good and got me into a new way to eating. I also started going to Curves right away too and started walking.

You go ahead and lose as much as you want it all makes life so much nicer!!!!

happy you are on the road to Bandster land!

I had to do a two week pre OP diet having a shake for Breakfast and lunch and either a lean cuisine or shake for dinner and I lost 20lbs..

the best shakes are the Premier Protein chocolate shakes from Costco! They Taste like chocolate milk! I've been drinking these Protein Shakes for a year now and still love them.. They are 30g of Protein per shake, and the lowest sugar carbs and calories shakes I've found!

THAT is a good shake, 30! Wow, and low sugar to boot. Ill have to mark that down for when I have mine.

I have an appt next week to talk about getting the lap band. Its taking longer than Id wanted, but oh well. Congradulations to all who have lost a pound or more of weight, and ditto for those getting pre-approval. I'm about 250#,5'5", wanting to go down to 140ish.