Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall Is This Normal?????

Well I'm very frustrated.I had my surgery on 9-6-2012.I lost 10 lbs. Pre -op and 15 lbs post op but for the last week I'm up 3 down 3.I weigh my food and use fitness pal to track my calories 800-900 a day. What am I doing wrong I'm so discouraged..Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

You've lost a lot of weight in a few weeks. It's normal to hit a plateau. Keep watching you Protein and calorie intake and the weight will come off. Also get in some exercise. The average is 1-2 lbs a week.

This is not a race. This is not a diet. This is a new way to live life. 800-900 calories seems low. Unless you are tiny you need around 1200 calories a day for a 1-2 lbs loss each week. Some weeks you lose, some you don't. Just keep plugging away, get enough Protein, drink lots of Water, exercise. You will get to goal but it will take longer than you expected. Good luck!

Well I'm very frustrated.I had my surgery on 9-6-2012.I lost 10 lbs. Pre -op and 15 lbs post op but for the last week I'm up 3 down 3.I weigh my food and use fitness pal to track my calories 800-900 a day. What am I doing wrong I'm so discouraged..Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Give your body time to adjust to the surgery itself. I'm two months post op (banded 7/25/12) and am 18 pounds down.

Note I did not say ONLY. Everyone gets discouraged with or without the band. Give it and yourself a chance. Remember, you didn't get fat ... Yes, fat, in a day... You got that way over a long period of time. It's the same in reverse, you won't lose it in a day or a month either. I don't want to seem harsh, but your obsessing about not losing all the weight you want to in less than a month. Take a breath and a step back and think about the weight you have lost and Believe in Yourself. Nobody bent your arm eating, but you. You can use the band as a tool to help you get back the life you fully deserve. GOOD LUCK.

Thank you everyone for your advice. Sometimes I get a little crazy.While deciding on this surgery I gave myself 2 years to lose 100 lbs. Which I feel is a decent amount of time.I put my demon scale away and I will only weigh myself once a week.I know it takes time that's why I chose the band over other wls.Good luck to everyone and again thank you for being honest and real :-)

Thank you everyone for your advice. Sometimes I get a little crazy.While deciding on this surgery I gave myself 2 years to lose 100 lbs. Which I feel is a decent amount of time.I put my demon scale away and I will only weigh myself once a week.I know it takes time that's why I chose the band over other wls.Good luck to everyone and again thank you for being honest and real :-)

Good for you! Now your talk'in! Your going to be just magnificent on this endeavor and make Yourself proud. Love that you put that demon scale away. It's testing our selves, not to just "see how we are doing today" isn't.

Christ...150

Hello I'm Kerry and trust me its very frustrating I was banded in April and didn't start losing until June when I got first fill due to hernia. I've lost 39 pounds since but last 6 weeks haven't lost any. Like u I'm eating 700 to 800 cals a day 100 Protein and lots of Water just be patient there's to many success stories for it not to as long as u do what u suppose to do hang in there we r all here for u

Thanks Kerry - I spoke to my doctor and increased my calories to 1000 and lost 8 lbs in two weeks.I can't wait to go to gym tomorrow and start losing more and hopefully get some energy.That is my biggest complaint Im so tired.Had blood work done and vit D level is down probably why I'm so tired. Thanks for you words of encouragement..

Christ...150

Hello I'm Kerry and trust me its very frustrating I was banded in April and didn't start losing until June when I got first fill due to hernia. I've lost 39 pounds since but last 6 weeks haven't lost any. Like u I'm eating 700 to 800 cals a day 100 Protein and lots of Water just be patient there's to many success stories for it not to as long as u do what u suppose to do hang in there we r all here for u

I was told to never go below a thousand calories a day. Your body needs to adjust to all that is going on. I want good overall health from taking the bandwagon ride for Life. Good luck with progressing towards your goal.