Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Scared :(

Well I'm set for surgery Oct 3rd and I have not been scared up untill now I have been on my diet since the 19th and have done really well I've lost 7lbs . I have some people asking me do you really need this done have you thought about all the complications that you could have after and just ready all the stories on here about it not working for some people i mean I know the band is not going to make you loose weight , it is a tool to help , I just don't want to be sick all the time from this :(

Well I'm set for surgery Oct 3rd and I have not been scared up untill now I have been on my diet since the 19th and have done really well I've lost 7lbs . I have some people asking me do you really need this done have you thought about all the complications that you could have after and just ready all the stories on here about it not working for some people i mean I know the band is not going to make you loose weight ' date=' it is a tool to help , I just don't want to be sick all the time from this :([/quote']

Hi there! Don't listen to what other people are saying. You made the informed decision to have this surgery, and the benefits are so worth it. I was banded 2 months ago and it was the best decision of my life. I only told a few people in my life about it before I got the surgery and now that I've got it, I'll tell people now. I didn't want to hear anyone try and talk me out of it.

The lap band is the greatest weight loss tool for long term success, its not some gimmick diet that will help you lose a ton of weight fast, its something YOU have to put to work. I'm sure you already know that.

Just stay positive! Youv

-Melissa M.

I just hear people being sick from not getting there Protein in or eating the wrong foods and I guess that is just something that Im going to have to learn what foods I can and can't eat , I guess I just don't know what to expect after the band I don't want my hair to fall out and I want to make sure I get all the right Vitamins

Hi there! Don't listen to what other people are saying. You made the informed decision to have this surgery' date=' and the benefits are so worth it. I was banded 2 months ago and it was the best decision of my life. I only told a few people in my life about it before I got the surgery and now that I've got it, I'll tell people now. I didn't want to hear anyone try and talk me out of it.

The lap band is the greatest weight loss tool for long term success, its not some gimmick diet that will help you lose a ton of weight fast, its something YOU have to put to work. I'm sure you already know that.

Just stay positive! Youv

-Melissa M.[/quote']

I guess that's my problem I didn't really tell anyone about it but now its getting closer more and more people are finding out about it and trying to talk me out of doing it and have wanted this for years

I just hear people being sick from not getting there Protein in or eating the wrong foods and I guess that is just something that Im going to have to learn what foods I can and can't eat ' date=' I guess I just don't know what to expect after the band I don't want my hair to fall out and I want to make sure I get all the right vitamins[/quote']

I hear ya, but everyone has those same fears. It's quite normal to be afraid, but if you're taking your multi Vitamins everyday and a Calcium supplement, you should be ok. Start taking them now so you get into the habit of taking them all the time. Also, Protein is crucial, and there are all different kinds of it out there. My hair hasn't fallen out because of my protein intake. Hair loss in the beginning is normal for a lot of people who undergo a large weight loss in s short period od time.

-Melissa M.

this is a huge step, so feeling scared is normal. I've been banded for just over 4 months now and it's the best things i've ever done. There is a lot of learning to do, but as long as you try to stick to the rules your doctor gives you, you should be fine. I've had some problems, was a little tight with my last fill so threw up a couple of times. Went in for a very slight unfill, and problem solved.

as for the hair loss, it started for me about months post op. I have soooo much hair to start with, so it's not noticeable to anyone, but I see the hair in the shower and on the brush. It's not for lack of Protein or Vitamins, I've done great with both. Unfortunately it's just a side effect I got. You might not, everyone is different.

If you listen to your Dr and do exactly as he says you shouldnt have any problems. I havent gotten sick, lost my hair (i do take bioten just in case) and I take a multi Vitamin. I am very healthy.

If you really want this you must ignore the neysayers. Good luck!

Thank you everyone for the feed back :)

I understand completely. I was just banded on Monday and Sunday I freaked out. My friend who was banded 3 years ago called me, calmed me down and told me it is and will be worth it. She said it's not easy, but you will be glad you took that step. She said if she had her time to do again she would have gotten banded sooner and doesn't regret it one bit. Hope that helps!!

Don't listen to the negative advice, and definitely stay off the threads about everyone's horror stories. I made the same mistake. Got me all freaked out, and doubting my decision. Three weeks post band and I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, and down 20 lbs. It feels scary but its worth it!

I just hear people being sick from not getting there Protein in or eating the wrong foods and I guess that is just something that Im going to have to learn what foods I can and can't eat , I guess I just don't know what to expect after the band I don't want my hair to fall out and I want to make sure I get all the right Vitamins

well as some said, its natural to be scared

i sure was......the unknown

try not to worry about things you cant control (or hasnt happened yet)

take your Vitamins, follow your doctors and nutritionist instructions and everything will be fine.

you can eat whatever but just in smaller amounts, this is not a diet:)

best of luck