Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Don't Know What To Think. Please Help!

Okay so here's my situation I got banded in May of this year including pre op diet I have lost a total of 52 pounds. To be quite honest I don't know if this band is working or not. Please don't think I'm crazy but I don't exercise at all and I can eat whatever I want. The only time I feel even slightly restricted is when it comes to bread. I've eaten burgers, Pasta, pancakes, and in all these times I've only gotten sick 1 time and I don't think it had anything to do with the band. I do feel some restrictions but I'm able to eat rather large meals...smaller than before...but large for person with a band. So should I be concerned or just thank my lucky stars? I have also recently found that if I eat less then 1200 calories I don't lose weight.

I have a 10 Cc band that has 5 cc's

What are your thoughts? I usually find that I don't lose weight when I exercise but I'm deathly afraid of loose skin so feel like I need to start as well.

You are eating less and losing weight so presumably the answer is yes the band is working.

My question for you is, how long does it take you to eat your meal, if its twenty minutes then usually by that time you should get the signal that you are no longer hungry. At that point stop, listen to your body and I mean really listen to what your body is telling you. If you have to go do something else go do it and ten mins later listen to your body again and how you feel. If you're eating really slow and taking very small bites (mis73 has posted a pic in another post as to how small the bites need to be) you wouldn't be eating more than a half to a cup of food. If you are getting hungry again quickly then it may mean you need a slight fill.

To exercise or not is your choice but just keep in mind that to loose weight, keep it off and tone we need to move our butts. Start of with walking, 30 mins a day is good, do it in one go or break it up by ten mins three times a day or fifteen mins twice a day. Once you start exercising you will probably find you feel even better and wont be tempted by the wrong choices because you don't want to undo that good exercise.

As for loose skin it depends on age, genetics, amount of weight you need to loose and also how much yo- yo dieting you've done over the years.

This new lifestyle with the band is a whole new learning process and for life if we want to loose and keep the weight off. Some days are easier than others but if we really want to achieve our goals we need to make the right choices with food and exercise and doing the right things with the band It won't happen over night but it will happen if we are determined to make the positive changes.

Great weight loss so far too!!

Thank your lucky stars....its my prayer that I'm like you at 2 months post op. My surgery is in 3 weeks...

Okay so here's my situation I got banded in May of this year including pre op diet I have lost a total of 52 pounds. To be quite honest I don't know if this band is working or not. Please don't think I'm crazy but I don't exercise at all and I can eat whatever I want. The only time I feel even slightly restricted is when it comes to bread. I've eaten burgers, Pasta, pancakes, and in all these times I've only gotten sick 1 time and I don't think it had anything to do with the band. I do feel some restrictions but I'm able to eat rather large meals...smaller than before...but large for person with a band. So should I be concerned or just thank my lucky stars? I have also recently found that if I eat less then 1200 calories I don't lose weight.

I have a 10 Cc band that has 5 cc's

What are your thoughts? I usually find that I don't lose weight when I exercise but I'm deathly afraid of loose skin so feel like I need to start as well.

the band (wont stop you from eating the things you like/crave) this is where you need good judgement. with the band, you are not a diet (you can eat what you want too) and the band will help you eat less (and give you the feeling of fullness) but its up to us to see those signals.

so the band isnt working you think?

well, -52 pounds, i say it is. so i am not sure why you are thinking this or posted this post. even though someone can eat over (a cup of food--to which my doctor says is all i need at a time) doesnt mean they should.

**** elcee says, you are losing***

i dont see the problem?

The question is, would you have lost 52 lbs in 4 months without the band?

I would say it is working.

Maybe not as well as you think it should, maybe a small fill would benefit you.

Remember the band does not work on its own, you have to work the band.

Everyone is different. I didnt and do not do any exercise per se but I walk daily 1-2 miles. I have lost 209lbs in the past 22 months. I count calories and do not allow myself any food than 3-4 oz protien, 1/2 c veggies and 1/2 startch at each meal with the exception of 2 100 calorie Snacks.

I would say your band is working but as elcee said you may need a small fill if you can eat more than 6oz of food at a time.