Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think My Band Is Too Tight....

I got 2cc added Monday for a total of 4cc in a 10cc band. I can't drink or eat. I am going in at 3pm for a partial unfill.

Any insight on why 4cc would do this to me? 4cc seems like so little.

Wendy <br />Banded July 17, 2012<br />Starting weight: 260

it could be the swelling from the adjustment When i received my fill I was fine but on the 2nd day I was really tight( could still drink liquids) but my DR warned me that I would swell he said the 2nd day after it seems to be the most swelling but as long as I can drink I can go on liquids unitl the swelling goes down if you can't tolerate liquids make sure to go in to see your DR Good Luck

I got 2cc added Monday for a total of 4cc in a 10cc band. I can't drink or eat. I am going in at 3pm for a partial unfill.

since you are going back to the doctor for a slight unfill, ask them why this happened. i am sure they would be the best ones to answer this type of question. from what i know, sounds like too tight or swollen. but the dr would know.

Many bandsters believe that the amount of saline in their band has something to do with restriction. It doesn't. Some bandsters need no fills whatsoever and some need to take it to the max.

If you think about it, the band is wrapped around the very top of your stomach. The shape of every stomach will be different. Some surgeons may band closer to the esophogus than others making a smaller pouch. Some bandsters have more or less fat around their stomach. Every stomach will have a different thickness to their lining. Every surgery will be different.

If you have a very thick lining to your stomach a little saline could make your band much more sensitive to fills large or small. If I have a larger circumference around my stomach it may take a lot of saline to help me find restriction. Hope this helps?

tmf

I could never tell how my band would react to a fill/unfill til at least 2 weeks later. It only took one time of being overfilled, then experiencing life after the unfill to really understand. The first 3 months were a real learing experience that was altered by Fluid intake, the time of the month, the foods I ate, etc- so many variables. Everytime I would get a fill, it seems that I would have to learn it all over again. Once you hit the sweet spot, it gets easier. I had surgery in May, and I just recently felt like I have finally hit my stride in living with the band.

I got my third fill yesterday and its to tight I can't even hold Water and today it's a holiday so I can not see my dr until tomorrow at 1:30 so basically I can't eat or drink

I got my third fill yesterday and its to tight I can't even hold Water and today it's a holiday so I can not see my dr until tomorrow at 1:30 so basically I can't eat or drink

How much do you have in your band. I am getting my 3 fill today

I'm not sure but it wasn't much before but this time she gave me 1-1/2 cc because I've been complaining that I'm not loosing weight I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and I exercise like crazy I'm a Cyclest I ride between 25 and 50 miles a day over 100 a week plus I go to the gym but since surgery 3 months ago I've only lost 22 lbs

No! please don't let them take nothing out or you will gain weight back.

how many cc's has nothing to do with it. Some people need none to have restriction. They place the band around your stomach and depending on how much fat is surrounding it and how thick the wall of your stomach is will make a difference in how tight it is. Thats why some people have absolutely no restriction after first being banded and others have restriction.

I was at my Green Zone for more than a year and all of a sudden I noticed I was not getting full or staying satisfied. This was a sign I needed a fill. I am under the impression as we lose weight we lose fat also around the stomach and that loosens the tightness of the band resulting in the need for more fill.

This is my understanding from all of the pre-op classes I had to attend and different things I researched an read.

It sounds to me like you are too tight. Too tight can result in a band slippage amoung other things. Glad you are going back in for an unfill.

Good Luck

No! please don't let them take nothing out or you will gain weight back.

This comment is incorrect and ill-informed. The danger of complications from being too tight are real and significant.

Hi Wendy, you got really great advice and comments from 'experienced' bandsters on here. I know you will do the right thing :)

I ended up having to have 1cc removed. That made all the difference!! I can now drink water! From Monday to today I had lost 6 pounds of Water weight... I was that dehydrated!!