Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Fast Is The Weightloss?

My surgeon would like 1 lb every 7-10 days. That was a BREEZE in the beginning, I dropped 50+ lbs in just a few months. My weight loss essentially stopped at the 3 month mark...I've been on a plateau for 6 weeks now. Stuck completely at 191 lbs. I'm not complaining at all - - I've lost over 50 lbs!! I know everyone goes through plateaus but no matter how prepared you feel you are, they're still frustrating.

I've lost 55lbs in 5 months. It's been slower this past month. I really don't exercise though. Sometimes I walk. I think the big key is LOW carbs/sugar!!!! I'm happy if it goes slow bc then the skin can keep up and not get too saggy. That's my goal anyway!! :)

ive lost 53 lbs since being banded Dec 23, 2011. sometimes its 1.3 lbs a week ,sometimes nothing. im very happy with my weight loss , i have about 30 more to go. ive found exercise is a huge help, i swim 3 x a week and im starting a running program next week. (i sure as heck couldnt of done that 50 some lbs a go !) the lapband has been a lifesaver ! good luck to you !

You don't want to to lose weight so quickly then you will have loose skin. I've found lifting weights prevents loose skin and stretch marks.< /p>

For me, it couldnt be described as fast by standards here, but I was ecstatic about 2-3 lb per week for a few months - never had I achieved that before in my life. I lost about 50% of my excess weight this way within six months, the rest took literally two to three years to completely lose. But I am not a calorie counter, i did it all on about 1500 a day and I exercised regularly - running an hour five to six times a week for the most part, now I do spin classes and strength training too.

As for me I have been banded for 4 weeks now and lost a total of 17lbs but have stayed same weight for the past week. Gonna get my first fill in two weeks, hopefully ill c the scale start down again... Goodluck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!