Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Feel Like You Did The Right Thing?

You need to be stronger than what you are experiencing.Quit watching those trashy vh1 reruns..lol..Thats depressing enough.

Hi I,am feeling so low at the moment have been crying thinking I should have listen to my partner ,friends and daughter and not got it in .i just don't know what to do I feel so alone my daughter say s I made my bed and my friends think I,am mad as they have now saw me so upset and my partner has said you got it now so get on with it .

I just don't know what to do anymore and I am in so much pain in my shoulder and head

Aww... the "d" word passes! It gets better! When I feel down, I hop on this site for a boost! Best wishes! You will love being banded sooner than you think! Xoxo

Hi I,am feeling so low at the moment have been crying thinking I should have listen to my partner ,friends and daughter and not got it in .i just don't know what to do I feel so alone my daughter say s I made my bed and my friends think I,am mad as they have now saw me so upset and my partner has said you got it now so get on with it .

I just don't know what to do anymore and I am in so much pain in my shoulder and head

To me it sounds like you should have waited. During the psych evaluation it was important to identify that circle of support. It sounds like either you did not do that or did not have a psych evaluation which is troubling.

Anyway, it sounds like you need to make done hard decisions and but out those who are not supportive. You need a positive frame of mind to get through this because this is a major journey in your life and from what I can see, can be life altering.

You need a positive frame of mind to get through this because this is a major journey in your life and from what I can see' date=' can be life altering.[/quote']

This is great advice! They have lap band support groups. Look into one! It can't hurt. Best of luck and hang in there. :-)

sorry you are so (down) def think because of your surgery and recovery..but your partner is right.they said what my hub said to

me.....esp when i was whining on my pre and post op liquids.....you wanted this....so woman up and do what you need to do...

you got this tool to help you, so start letting it and your first job is to be positive. if you are not mentally in the game, you wont make it...hang in there

It's normal to mourn the loss of our favorite foods or alcohol. I was miserable being obese. I felt like the weight was a handicap holding me back from life, having a big full life. I made a list of all the things I was missing out on. As we all know life is very difficult being obese. Today I have a new perspective about food. Those foods that I loved caused me harm and kept me fat, miserable and alone. A piece of cake won't make me happy or bring me joy. Eating clean is an act of self love and I want to start respecting my body instead of stuffing it with food that is harmful to me.

I don't know if its just me or what.I haven't really gave my lapband a second thought.My frame of mind has changed from do I live to eat or do I eat to live.i chose to eat to live.once you break that live to eat mentality you'll be alright.You can still have your fun with foods after you've healed.The feeling you get after you are used to the change is enlightening.

I made the right decision for me. I am thrilled with my lapband, thrilled with the technicians that fill me. They never told me what to lose. My body just lost it. Its definately a mind thing too. Your mind has to be made up that you want to be healthy & eat the right foods. Its work, its following the rules, its not drinking after a meal, which I find isn't easy but i do it! I love being able to wear smaller clothes, more styish clothes, its worth it!!

Lilbelly, I totally agree with you it's a mind set!!