Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight in the mornings, starving at night?

My doc subscribes to the eat early rule too. This works for me because (as usual) I'm backwards and can eat more at lunch than at dinner. But doc also said if you can't eat earlier, just don't eat within 3 hours of bedtime! This eliminates the food in the pouch problem. And it COULD even lead to being able to eat Breakfast or a bigger lunch since there will be less overnight swelling.

Thanks for bumping this! I'm gonna try it! I have been feeling guilty about eating so much in the evenings cause I know it is so bad to eat that late. It's worth a try!

I truely believe this works but as a working person, its tough to follow. Yesterday I had leftover tortilla crusted tilapia and oven roasted green Beans, cauliflower, onion, and carrots for lunch. (This sounds like a commercial)

After work, I had a couple of potato chips and started reading some materials. I didn't even notice I missed dinner until a tv show came on at 7:30. I quick grabbed a Protein shake since it was so late.

This morning I was able to eat a Protein Bar for Breakfast - something that used to be impossible in the morning.

Now, how can I get myself to have decent lunches every day?!?!

Aww I thought this was another X rated thread. :target:

Seriously though.. and all due respect here, but I find it hard to take advice from someone who is banded and still eats a hamburger, a bean burrito and a taco supreme in 20 mins time.

I would think that all things in moderation would be best. As for me, Ive tried to stop eating anything three hours before bedtime. Ive been going to bed around 10 lately, so I dont eat after 7. A walk after dinner to move things along should do the trick, wouldnt you think?

Count me in.

I can eat a bit in the mornings but if I just drink enough to stay hydrated then I'm fine if I don't eat at all. Afternoons are when I start getting a bit hungry and by late night, I could eat a horse.:target: (Luckily I'm not carnivorous!)

By night fall, I have to be soooo careful not to overeat but at night it's when the damage could be done.

Add to it that I'm a nocturnal sort, so I hit my stride much later than other folks and stay up later, tooo.

My restriction isn't where it should be (not by my choice) and I notice this is more of a problem when I don't have adequate restriction.

It's been this way in any periods where I'm not well- filled; since I've been banded, I think.

I so dont want to go from one bad habit to another - ie. overeating in the daytime (I've never ever had a problem with night time eating) to eating all my food at night. I would go so far as to say that if any particular fill takes me to a point where I cant eat in the morning, I will be back having that fill removed pronto.

I just want to be able to eat 3 small meals a day and if I have to be unfilled enough that that requires some willpower and ignoring of head/stomach hunger (ie. the late arvo munchies) then so be it. I am pretty sure I can manage that, I'm blessed that I wasnt truly a disordered eater in the first place, just lost my way a little. Heck, I'm losing well now and have barely noticeable restriction.

It just isnt good for you to eat almost your whole day's intake and then go to bed with it sitting in your stomach. I've heard that theory before and it makes perfect sense to me, plus your metabolism works much better if you spread your intake evenly over the day.

Aww I thought this was another X rated thread. :bananajump:

LOL

BB - Posting a comment that basically says "Bumping" is when you don't really have anything to add to a thread, but you post a short comment ("BUMP" or something similar) so that it comes back to the top of the list as new posts so people will read it. This way they don't have to make up some sort of inane comment just to get a thread revived.

Some find bumping old posts annoying, because they've already read that thread months ago, but some people find it helpful because they're new, or they'd forgotten.

Really interesting! I'll try to do this but it's hard because I really like to eat at night! Don't want to get acid reflux though!

bump- good one to remember!