Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, Is Anyone There?

Are any March 2010 bandsters still around? I dont get on much but would love to catch up.

I'm May 2010! Id love to see how you are doing!

Rkimom, how has your post odor hand road been?

Lol, post lap band road*

I'm not march nor 2010. I'm 10/17/2007. But wonder if anyone past a year or two still come on here. I do. I've had issues and revision. And still struggle. :-(

Rkimom' date=' how has your post odor hand road been?[/quote']

I did a double take on your question, but did get a good laugh when I saw your next one. Stupid auto correct!

My journey has been challenging, but has turned for the better. I started having stroke like symptoms last November but after many months of testing, blood work, MRI's, etc., it was discovered that I has some major Vitamin deficiencies. I started on very heavy doses of B12, D3, Iron, Calcium and a couple of others in February, but it takes about three months to rebuild your levels. I am now healthy and back on track. I gained about ten pounds during all of the chaos, but just recently got the last pound off and am back to my lowest weight since surgery. It hasn't been an easy road, but I haven't had a slip, or reflux or any of the other complications that people are always posting. Still no regrets....would do it again all over again, but I would definitely take better control of my Vitamin needs from the start.

Sorry for the long post, but it has been a humbling experience and I have tried to share whenever I can because maybe it will prevent someone else from suffering as long as I did until the solution was found.

How about yours?

Heidils82, I have done okay. I had lost 80lbs., but gin and lose the same 5-7lbs. over and over. I'm having some issues due to sinus/allergy congestion and will probably get some Fluid out at my Friday appt. I haven't been to the dr. in about 9 mon. or so. I'm loving the loss but those aggravating last 15lbs are eluding me. I may have to face the fact that this is where I'm going to be. What about you?

Not March, but July 2010. Still hanging in, how about you?

Doing okay, can't seem to get those last 15lbs I want to lose off. My wls keeps telling me I've pretty much done what I'm going to do. Not what I want to hear but may have to accept it. Wow, now I see why my wls pushed Vitamins so much. I'm glad you're on track. I have had a slip but when I'm congested, I have horrible reflux and some vomiting. The more congestion, the more vomiting. I've had a Tummy Tuck and haven't lost any weight after that. I always thought if they're taking something away, your weight has to go down. Not, it did the first week or so because I was recovering and not eating much. After that it was back to where I was, just without the big bulge of fat/skin that hung over my pants/waist.

I'm not march nor 2010. I'm 10/17/2007. But wonder if anyone past a year or two still come on here. I do. I've had issues and revision. And still struggle. :-(

I'm so sorry, what issues have you had? Can they be addressed in addition to the revision? Why did you have to have revision? I'm sorry about asking so many question. I hear testimonials at support group, some do well and others not so much. My heart goes out to you. I feel like nobody understands our struggle like a fellow bandster. Don't give up.

I'm so sorry' date=' what issues have you had? Can they be addressed in addition to the revision? Why did you have to have revision? I'm sorry about asking so many question. I hear testimonials at support group, some do well and others not so much. My heart goes out to you. I feel like nobody understands our struggle like a fellow bandster. Don't give up.[/quote']

I had a full slip 2yrs ago. So had to reposition the band. It hasn't been the same since. I gained back 50lbs since the slip. But I'm working out 5x a week and just trying to do this. AGAIN!!

Good luck missyjk79. Sorry about your slippage.

WOW guys, sorry I dropped off there for a while. Back in Nov 2012 I had all of the saline removed from my band... BAD IDEA. I thought I was past the need for the band and wanted to do it on my own. It is amazing at how fast I forgot about portioning. I am going back tomorrow morning to have it put back in as I have gained 15lbs. I am not a happy camper, but it's never too late to start again, right? I'd love to hear how everyone's holidays were, what you struggle with the most. I need to get back to the grind. I didn't come all this way to mess it up for myself...

Need support, first time on a forum. I got my band 3/30/10. Had ups and downs. No real support group...went to one in the beginning and it was an Mary Kay party. Ugh. I have begun to cheat and be so "bad" that u feel like I have to start all over. ? Any suggestions welcome!

Hey Amby, support group helps me so much. Try your best to research groups within driving distance. It helps to hear how others cope with their struggles and how excited the newbies are about their journeys.

Heidi, I often wonder if I could ever live fill free. I need mine and adjust as needed. The one thing I definitely know is that I have to exercise to maintain or loss. I find myself slipping into bad habits like snacking when I'm really not hungry and as soon as I see a # on the scale that shows the results of the bad habits I get back on track slowly but surely. By no means am I progressing like I want to but I'm so much more cognizant and I weigh myself almost daily for accountability.