Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Damn You Torrid!

My old pants (size 24 bought at my heaviest) are literally falling off after 35 pounds and losing 22 inches off my bod so I went to Torrid to buy new pants.

The first pair I tried was a size 20 that were great except a little too tight in the waist. They didn't have them in 22s so I tried some other styles.

None of which remotely fit. Except a pair of 26. A size UP from what I was wearing at my heaviest!

What the hell is that? Talk about discouraging.

Try Walmart jeans I love me some torrid but there jeans are pretty nice specially if you just gonna buy new ones later lol

Everyone's sizes are different. I know that in certain stores I fit in a 20 now, others there is no way on this Earth I would get into a 20 yet. Every store has its own scale for sizing.. that is probably why. I wouldnt think its you at all!!

I just bought a pair of 26's at Torrid. I agree with bonnielynn07, you should try to find a cheaper place, especially since you're losing weight. Do they have a Dots or a Rainbow near you? I can usually find a pair of Dots jeans for 10-20 bucks instead of the 50 I just paid at Torrid.

Don't get discouraged girl. One step at a time!

Sizes for women are ridiculous . I am now wearing 10s in most pants... But just yesterday I tried on 3 pair of 10s which didn't even come over my hips. The I went else wear and bought all 4 sized 10s I tried on.... Go figure.

Tops are the same way. I am tall and I picked up a small top on the clearance rack which fit perfectly. I got it home and noticed the tag said petite which is for someone under 5'4. I am 5'9. How does that make sense? It fits like a glove. LOL

Do not measure your success with a size. Let the scale speak volumes!

I was in 26 and now I'm in 22, Maurice's has awesome pants up to size 26!

Thanks guys! It was so disappointing! I know I haven't gotten bigger I just was like what the!!?

This weekend my project is to take in a lot of my band t-shirts! Hey at least the clothes I actually like will still fit!

I love fashion bug Right Fit jeans, they are a sister company to Lane Bryant. But, way cheaper

Sometimes the cut of the pants by the different makers. I would focus on what fits correctly and looks good, and like it was noted above focus on cute cheaper brands as you might not be in them for a long time! And congratulations on your journey!!

Try the Avenue .Ashley Stewart or Lane Bryant .I try to stay with store that cater to plus size.the sizing seems to be more accurate.The Avenue seems to have styles more like Torrid.Ashley Stewart is more dressy/ business.

I find some brands also have vanity sizing. Often the more you pay the more real estate you get! Places like Macy's or Lord & Taylor often have sizes that are a little bigger. For example I've been trying on 18 in the regular ladies dept at Macy's, Penny's, etc and they fit. Yesterday I tried 18 at KMart and I considered them to tight. Something else to keep in mind is many brands now have Straight fit and Curvy. I am more pear shaped so Curvy fit is best for me.

I've had a lot of luck finding inexpensive pants and tops at Cato. I like the store because they have a great selection of plus size clothes and since I'm not able to wear the sizes for very long, the price doesn't hurt! :P

I know what you mean! I have torrid dress pants that are a size 24 and I would have to suck in to get them buttoned but with Style and Co brand I'm a 20 and there a little big.. Go figure