Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"i Think You Are Too Skinny"

Thanks for all the feed back! I guess it just took me a lil by surprise! And I am just now starting to come to understand the idea when I look in the mirror that I am not the old me anymore. Well the heavier me! Still the same me on the inside! :D

My face looks so different but by no means am i TOO SKINNY!

Again thanks for all the advice!

And Best of luck to everyone on your journey!

Now Im off to RUN my W6D3 of Couch 2k5!

Awesome! Have a great run, I'm on W5D2. Keep up the good work :)

My reply to the last person who said that to me was that I would stop losing weight when I was the same as them (cos we are about same height.) Shut her right up!

Take it as a complement and that you are looking heaps healthier and now very "normal"! But realistically, your BMI is 30, you arent too thin!

Nonetheless, its very easy to lose sight of where you're at and become obsessed. I got annoyed and secretive about my weight when my doctors began expressing concern and my mother kept worrying and worrying. I thought I looked great a BMI of 19! But I see photos now and I look pretty sick - which I was. I've fought the desire to go back there, I just want to see that number on the scale again, but I look and feel much better now. Believe me, you can tell the difference from the jealousy "you're too thin" that you tend to get around normal weight and the real alarm when you're scary skinny.

I like thin though - and many people might think I'd look better a bit heavier and curvier - but I really dont care what anyone thinks. I know any weight goes right to my thighs and I get saddlebags, not breasts! And I never ever hve wanted big boobs anyway! I please myself and nobody else - not even my husband, who will whinge about what the groceries cost but would fork out $15,000 for a big pair of plastic boobs in the blink of an eye!

I would have to say it depended on who it is coming from... My mom and aunt tells me all the time. I think it is because they are concerned and also because they have never seen me this small before. Now there are people I work that say that too me all the time. So you have to listen to their tone and how it is said. Some people can be concerned and some can be jealous. I know who the haters are and who isnt.

This thread reminds me of one of my closest friends. I have known her about 5 years and we both struggle with weight.

However' date=' she has been nothing but supportive since I got my band. She tells me my weight loss inspires her to make changes in her own lifestyle. She said to me "I would not care if you were 100 or 500 pounds. You were always beautiful. I am happy for your weight loss because I know how bad YOU have wanted this. This is the version of you I have always seen". That is a true friend.

Now, some friends may make discouraging comments to us as we lose weight, but they are not trying to be hurtful. But If there are people in your life who INTENTIONALLY are negative about your weight loss, cut them loose. Life is too short!

*gets off soapbox* LOL[/quote']

What an amazing friend!

What an amazing friend!

Yes, I am very fortunate to have her. Since my surgery I have seen people's true colors, and who will support me no matter what.