Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hcg Diet With Lap Band

I have no idea why anyone would go for a ridiculous fad diet when they have the Lap Band. If you're only eating 500 calories a day and taking human growth hormone' date=' you are going to gain every ounce back the minute you start eating normally and stop the hormone.

Plus, this warning came out in January:

"In January, the FDA warned that homeopathic hCG is fraudulent and illegal when sold for weight-loss purposes. Though the FDA said such products aren't necessarily dangerous, their sale is deceptive, since there's no good evidence they're effective for weight loss. What's more, all hCG products, including injections prescribed by a doctor, must carry a warning stating there's no proof they accelerate weight loss, redistribute fat, or numb the hunger and discomfort typical of a low-calorie diet."

Translation: HCG is nothing more than a useless gimmick and anyone only eating 500 calories a day is going to lose weight.

Btw- only eating 500 calories a day is a sure-fire way to lose muscle and lots of it. Just FYI.[/quote']

Wow.... Well said!

I'm going to chime in on this. First, well said Missy. Second, I did the hcg diet. I lost 45 lbs in 12 weeks. I felt great. Then I stopped the low cal diet and went to just eating healthier, around 1100 cals a day. The weight all came back within three months. I opted for lap band bc these fad diets don't work.

If its one thing I've learned since starting my WLS process that the key to good nutrition and weight loss is simple. Eat healthy. Exercise.

Eating 500 calories a day will put you into starvation mode. HCG does not prevent your body from eating your muscle when you're starving. Unless you're getting pure injections from a doctor, the homeopathic drops are useless. It's the low cal diet that makes you lose weight.

I've done the diet. It works temporarily. Why go through life changing lap band surgery just to fall back into a crash diet?? And as far as your surgeon doing the injections and allowing the HCG, I think that's crazy.

But again, this is just my experience and opinion. :)

I also did the HCG diet lost 50 in les then 60 days ... Gain it all back at the same amount of time and I payed over 1000$ for that stupid diet program I feel dumb for doing so!

My surgeon talked with me about HCG, if it's done right you can restart your metabolism. By doing it for the 21-28 days you put your body in a cycle. The strict diet can also help those who are struggling with a band. Sometimes old habits come back and it will really make you look at food differently, as fuel not fun!

well to be honest in the beginning i did everything that was required for the lapband but i stop losing after 45lbs so now i have started the hCG drops and i have lost 7lbs in one week and the majority of it is like in my stomach area which i really needed to work on. all i can say is do what is best for you. Different things work for different people in many different ways. The main goal here is to lose weight so however you get the weight off its up to you. Every diet plan or surgery is not meant for many people. Also everyone who have the lapband surgery is successful so keep that in mind as well.

Sorry I disagree with you. The main goal is to be healthy! If I could eat and stay fat but still be mobile and full of energy, happy, no health issues I probably would. Fact is, being overweight is unhealthy. However, I'm not willing to trade one health risk for another.

Desperation to lose weight FAST has gotten all of us into the cycle that brings us here. Wls is a totally different approach. I for one am not going into this with the same games I played before. I'm in it for the long haul with the mentality that it is scientifically impossible to stay obese if you live the life of a skinny person.

IMHO

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs

Very bad idea.