Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 17

Getting the band on Monday. This whole past week has been very surreal. I'm excited to be finally getting the surgery but extremely nervous. I have never had a surgery before nor have I had to stay in the hospital. Hoping to be a future success story :)

I am on the 17th as well, just got my call today to be in at 7:30am, first surgery of the day!!! good luck to you and keep in touch next week

I'm also getting the band on Monday, I'm third on the schedule, Doc says around 11:00 am. I don't think I'll sleep very well Sunday night.

Good luck to you all, looking forward to seeing our progress.

Getting the band on Monday. This whole past week has been very surreal. I'm excited to be finally getting the surgery but extremely nervous. I have never had a surgery before nor have I had to stay in the hospital. Hoping to be a future success story :)

If you were not nervous you would not be human.

I've had many surgeries. They usually give you something for nerves after your settled in bed. There busy connecting you to monitors and making sure you're comfortable. After you go back to operating room, you're there talking to everyone and next thing you know, you're waking up in recovery. The nurses have never been anything but nice.

I wish you all the best!

Thank you all for the shared support!!! I am definitly hoping to keep you posted after the big event. I wish you all the best of luck and quick recovery! I'll be thinking of you!

Thank you all for the shared support!!! I am definitly hoping to keep you posted after the big event. I wish you all the best of luck and quick recovery! I'll be thinking of you!

You'll be in our thoughts & prayers also! Can't wait to hear about your success!

Congrats and good luck! I am 10 days after you and just like you very nervous! I have never had any surgeries done either. It will be interesting to see how it is, and I hope that my defense mechanism of flirting doesn't kick in lol.

My doctor is young and good looking.

Good luck tomorrow. I got banded last Thursday and things are going good. I've been taking things easy and I'm feeling a lot better today. I'm shocked that I don't have abdominal pain! Burpings is a drag though. Good luck!

Thank you all so much! The past few hours have not been easy for me....emotional roller coaster for sure. I go back and forth from being excited about the prospect of a "new-old" me and "what the heck am I doing?". I am fully determined to get the band (hoping the hours before surgery will be the worst of what I encounter) Trying to stay positive! I'll be sure to post if I am able! Thank you all again for without this site I would not have come this far!

I have to be at the clinic for surgery and am sitting here wondering if I can really do this......can I be on liquids for the next 2 weeks (doesn't help that I am STARVING), can I really do this. (I know I can but am freaking out a bit here) Good luck to all of us being banded today.

I have to be at the clinic for surgery and am sitting here wondering if I can really do this......can I be on liquids for the next 2 weeks (doesn't help that I am STARVING)' date=' can I really do this. (I know I can but am freaking out a bit here) Good luck to all of us being banded today.[/quote']

It's normal to be freaked! Just think what your new life is going to be like. Smaller clothes, feeling energetic, no pains from lugging extra lbs.

You & I both know you can do it!

Best wishes, T&P coming your way!

I have to be at the clinic for surgery and am sitting here wondering if I can really do this......can I be on liquids for the next 2 weeks (doesn't help that I am STARVING)' date=' can I really do this. (I know I can but am freaking out a bit here) Good luck to all of us being banded today.[/quote']

PS. You can give me this same talk Oct 15

Lol

PS. You can give me this same talk Oct 15

Lol

Sure can!!

Hi guys - I was banded on the 13th September and I remember feeling the exact feelings you are now. The best advice I can give you is as soon as you are offered pain killers take them and continue taking them for the first couple of days even if you're not in pain. It's not that the pain is really bad it's just so that you can get a good couple of nights sleep as this makes a big difference to your recovery xxxx