Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 6/15 I started at 212 pounds. I lost only 5 pounds pre op, and 30 pounds since then. I been struggling since 3 weeks ago with no weight loss. I am stuck at 177. I am eating only between 1000 and 1200 a day. I haven't started exercising yet. I am sticking with the rules. I am hungry sometimes but not bad. I had only three fils with a total of 5.25 cc in my band. I need help and advice! I don't want to be a failure. PLEASE ADVICE

Don't worry so much about not losing weight. There will be times that you plateau. I was banded Feb 1 since then lost 85lbs. I've been stuck at 210 for about 4 weeks. As long as you atelier following the "rules" you will be fine. I started walking 2 weeks post-op and that helped with my weight loss

Plateaus are totally normal. Just keep doing what you're supposed to do and the weight will come off again.

I've hit a couple plateaus over the last 8 months. For me, I find "tricking" my metabolism works. For instance, normally I eat 1000-1200 calories a day. If I go a couple weeks with no loss, I'll have day 1 of a lot more (but healthy) calories, about 1500. Then day 2, I'll drop down to 800 calories. Then up to 1200 calories for day 3, then back down to 800-900 calories for day 4. Then, back to my normal routine from day 5 onward. For me, the drastic calorie swaps of those couple days works to get my metabolism working again.

Good luck to you.

How long sometimes

We stick to the same weight?

Be patient. I know that is hard. I was banded 7-7-11 and I have plateaued so many times can't count..You did need to start walking. Not a bunch, just moving some. Start out with a couple of blocks and work your way up. That will really help to jump start it. Hang in there you aren't alone in the battle.

Melinda in Florida

Thanks all for ur support miss 74 I'm taking ur advice. I started today and I'll keep u posted

Please understand I am not being mean spirited. It's been three months since surgery is there a physical reason you aren't exercising? You will need to seriously cut your calorie intake if you are going to loose more weight being at 170 pounds. I am stalled at 210 eating around 1200 cals a day and doing 1 plus hours of cardio daily.

I had my surgery 6/14. Including pre op I have lost a total of 39 lbs. I have had only 2 fills and am exercising regularly. I only lost 6 lbs this past month. I think if you add the exercise it might kick your body in gear and drink plenty of water!

I am 2 years out with 101lb loss and 10lbs till I hit my personal goal (already hit the doctors goal.) I will tell you that I have plateaued numerous times, and they can last weeks to months at a time. Switching up your calorie intake can help, as well as exercising. Speak to your nutritionist, keep a diet journal. I am a strong advocate of myfitnesspal for calorie tracking. Sometimes if you do not eat enough calories you will plateau, same of you eat just enough to maintain. So try to be aware of what you are in taking. Good luck and don't let this discourage you! It takes time to get into the groove of things. You've been doing great so far so stay positive :)

I would start exercising. Unles there is a physical reason you can't. Experiment until you find an activity you like. That will help you continue with it if it is enjoyable.