Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Progress In Over A Month And Frustrated!!

How much is everyone down now? I am currently down 40 lbs with no progress downward In over a month. I am so frustrated! What have you all done when you hit a plateau?! I still have 60 lbs left to lose!

When was your surgery? You should really fill out your profile completely so we can better answer your questions.

I think the easiest place to start is with the basics- how many calories do you eat a day? Do you stick to a cup or less of food per meal? Have seen a nutritionist during any point in your weight loss journey?

Everyone is different and everyone loses at their own pace. You didn't say when you had surgey. Healing your new stomache takes about 4-6 weeks. Are you following your surgeon's food plan?

In any case, 40 pounds is a pretty big weight loss and you should be very proud of yourself for that. Keep up the great work and don't worry the weight will come off, sometimes we have to be patient...

Best of luck,

I guess I figured since I replied in the February 2012 bandsmen page everyone would know I was banded in February.

have you lost inches? do you have on smaller clothes?

are you feeling better? to me that means more than a number on a scale..

try not to get hung up on what a scale says..because it goes up and down all day long.

but miss and patty are correct. are you eating a cup of food? are you exercising?

hang in there because to me, your 40 pounds is wonderful

Okay so February was your surgery... Many factors you can look for. Your carb and salt intake? You need to track your calories, fat, Protein daily. You can do that on an app I love to use called 'Loseit" its wonderful and super useful in keeping me on track.

Most surgeons allow 1200 calories a day, however if you are exercising a lot you may need to 'up' your calories just a little bit, play around with that and see how that works. According to your body weight and height and age you can find out where you should stand with your fat grams. As you can see I still weigh a lot and I try and get in about 25 grams of healthy fat a day. I watch my carbs very carefully and only eat healthy carbs such as 'whole wheat' only. Keeping my portions with carbs very minimal to about 1/4 cup with a meal.

Keep in mind you should be having no more than a cup of food PER meal. Are you snacking in between?? keeping track is the only way you are going to be able to figure out what you need to do or not to do.

Best of luck,

I agree with the previous posters...with the exception that my surgeon advised against counting calories. He said that if you are making good food choices (lean Proteins and healthy Fiber carbs (i.e. strawberries, cantaloupe, broccoli, etc) and measuring your portion sizes you don't need to count calories.

Research has shown that those who measure their portion sizes rather than "eyeball" them for accuracy are more successful with weight loss.

I've identified 3 situations which will stall my weight loss: not enough Protein, not enough calories, and not enough exercise. It's also normal to occasionally reach weight loss plateaus, where you are doing everything right and the scale stalls. Mis73 has shared that changing up your number of calories for a day or two helps to get through this. Others have mentioned trying to increase the intensity of their exercise or change the type of exercise will also help break through the plateau.

Everyone who participates on this forum is an individual, and no two bandsters will have identical experiences along their respective weight loss journeys. It's unhealthy for you to compare yourself to others...there are just too many variables which would influence the rate of weight loss.

Focus on your daily compliance with your diet and get in your exercise. I also was banded in February, and would like to be further along towards my goal weight...but there have been several challenges and medical complications which have slowed my progress.

This journey has taught me a virtue which long eluded me...patience.

Focus on what you have achieved (which is actually quite good!), and not on what you have not. Take a day at a time...

Best wishes for your continued success...

See a nutritionist. They can narrow down your weak points and help you lose much faster. And yes, fill out your profile please?

tmf

I guess I figured since I replied in the February 2012 bandsmen page everyone would know I was banded in February.

Lol I knew you meant feb i found this post under 2012- february haha ya I was banded in feb too and I'm having the same issue. Iv lost 45lb but nothiing this past month. Verryy frustrating. Weights falling off then puff nothing. Damn. I still have 50 till goal but I've noticed im starting to cheat more with snacking and I gotta STOP that and walk outside more to get in this fall air:) But we will all get there! This is just a small plateau you'll get through it. Maybe you need a fill??

Good luck xoxo

Lol I knew you meant feb i found this post under 2012- february haha ya I was banded in feb too and I'm having the same issue. Iv lost 45lb but nothiing this past month. Verryy frustrating. Weights falling off then puff nothing. Damn. I still have 50 till goal but I've noticed im starting to cheat more with snacking and I gotta STOP that and walk outside more to get in this fall air:) But we will all get there! This is just a small plateau you'll get through it. Maybe you need a fill??

Good luck xoxo

Have you had success losing again since this post? I'm pregnant now, so now my goal is to maintain and not lose until the baby is born, but I also don't want to gain. I've read a lot of success stories about women with the band gaining very little and having healthy babies so I think I might talk to my nutritionist and get advice on how to do this.