Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Suppose To Feel Hungry???

I was banded on the 23rd! Last week was my 1st week back to work, it went well. I was sore but I would get up and walk around to feel better (sitting on my butt for 8 hours). Anyhoo, I was on mushy foods so I took tuna salad, sf Jello, yogurt and a banana. We have a good cafetria so I would get scrammble eggs and some Beans for Breakfast. That actually would fill me up till about 12:30 and then I would have the tuna and the Jello. Could never finish it all. YAY!!! Now that I am on the solid foods, I notice that I'm hungry more often, I don't feel satisfied. Is that normal? My 1st fill will be 9/20 and i'm thinking that will help with the hungry phase. Am i correct?

Miriam

NORMAL!!

I was starving like 3 days post op!

Don't fret until you have a few fills

Surgery, 3/19/12, and I was hungry all the time till my last fill at the end of August. It was the "MAGIC" fill. Just remember to be patient. It will come.

I was starving two weeks out from surgery. Had a fill, still hungry. Could eat whatever I wanted, as fast as I wanted, at that stage it was pure self control.

Had my second fill 4 days ago and dear god things are different now. I've been caught out eating too fast twice now, which means I've finally discovered what true PBing is (YUCK!). I've yet to feel even the slightest pang of hunger. It seems that I can't eat anything from the "do not eat" list (most importantly chicken breast which I'm devastated about). Eating is a massive effort and the only things that want to go down easily are the things I shouldn't be having.

I feel miserable but only because I'm once again feeling like I'm breaking up with food :(

Uh do yeah. It does change.

Sophiespo, don't beat yourself up. You are not bteaking up w food, just changing the abusive co-dependent relationship w it. There are plenty of healthy softer foods that can go down too. Greek yogurt, soft cooked veggies, veggie Soup, boiled meat(like the meat in mexican restaurants), stews, tuna fish...etc.. I cannot eat any of my favorites any more since my last fill. And I am a food lover, my whole family is. You will mourn but when your britches feel loose and you start to feel a collar bone, or like me, when I sit on the back of my bike and I'm not squished all over my husband, and he notices, then that starts to taste really good, alot better than my pizza & porkchops. Oh yeah, baked, mater sauce, mozzarella, boiled ground sausage tastes really good, and is easily swallowed too.

I was about to post about this to get advise as I too seem to feel hungry a lot of the time. I was banded 07/29 and have had one fill.

It good to know that it may take a few fills to get there.

But I know how you feel, Sophie, about the food separation. It's so hard to break the habits. And the one food I really like too is chicken and I can't go near it. But silly me keeps trying.

Unfortunately chocolate does go down easy :( just can't have it in my house.

But I can't wait to lose that hungry feeling and then I won't think of food as much.

Whew! I thought there was something wrong, good to know that it's normal. I've started to us a salad plate instead of a normal plate and only eat that. I did cheat a bit today and had 1/2 a glass of coke and guess what after 4 weeks of not having it, it tasted wierd, didn't like it all. So that's a good thing..no more coke for me! :)