Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch To 5K Anyone?

Just heard about it this morning on LBT and decided I'm doing it! I've always wanted to run, but was too big in the hip area. Doc actually told me I could dislocate or break something if I tried. Still not small :) but I can get my jog on! So I started tonight. Day 1 of Week 1. It felt pretty good. I couldn't figure out how to get the app working at first (my volume was off, duh) but now that the little voice will actually tell me when to walk and jog I can be more accurate. Tonight I walked at a brisk pace and jogged as long as I could, usually 4-5 houses worth, but I did it as often as I could stand and I liked it! I took my hubbies baby (Daxx the minpin) with me because my 2 are too old for that amount of exercise, and he did great! Kept me motivated to keep up with him! ...and I felt safer having his little bark there to alert me through my headphones.

Has anyone else started, or completed, this challenge? Any success stories? I will totally keep you guys updated everytime I jog and let you know how it goes and if I can hang. Hopefully it will help me get to my 100lbs lost mark by my bday!

I just started this morning! It was so great. I actually thought I didn't work hard enough until I won't shopping with my sister and my legs felt like lead! LOL! Back on the exercise train in the morning! Stay with it and keep us posted!

I started it about two weeks ago but I'm on week three already ( I jumped one week by mistake) :wacko: . But I love it!!! it's a great app.

Good luck with it.

I started it about two weeks ago but I'm on week three already ( I jumped one week by mistake) :wacko: . But I love it!!! it's a great app.

Good luck with it.

Is the app free

Yeah, there is a free version of it; C25K Free.

the one I got was only $1.99

I started and im now on week 4 day 1. I love it and so does my german shepherd. She hears the chime and changes pace. Its wonderful running with my dog!!! Planning on my 1st race on october 20!

I started and im now on week 4 day 1. I love it and so does my german shepherd. She hears the chime and changes pace. Its wonderful running with my dog!!! Planning on my 1st race on october 20!

I am so jealous. I WISH I could run with my dog. I have tried. It doesn't work.

I have been doing Ease into 5K sine 7/22/12. I repeated some weeks... and am starting week 6 next week. I am up to 2 miles in the morning. I went from not being able to run the 3 seconds to running 15 minute stretches. I am slow. But getting faster as time goes on.

LOVE love LOVE running.

Its pretty cool to run w her. Im actually wirking her up to something called dog scootering. Shell love that to. Then she can run at her pace and not mine! I just wish i could take her on a race with me. I really need to find a dog friendly run!

Why cant u take ur dog?

Being able to run will be my new years resolution.

I just started walking yesterday. Today was my 2nd day walking for an hour at the park. I plan to increase it and do running next year :-)

Keep up the good work everyone.

I'm starting this week and looking to do a 5k here first weekend in December. Pretty excited! Ive been feeling fairly stuck with my weightloss and haven't been as diligent with my eating, so hopefully this program and gettin back to journaling my food will help!

I am currently doing C25K as well...

I did Week 7 Day 2 last night! :D

For everyone that is just beginning and you may have your doubts if you will be able to run those 30 mins at the end of the program you are going to be amazed at yourself! Follow the plan...Take a day of rest! If you struggle on a day and cant complete it....simply repeat it! Just keep moving forward!

I will be doing Dirty Girl Mud Run here in Texas on October 13th and absolutely cant wait!!

I did struggle with week 3 and I look back now and wonder why....Still havent figured that out...Maybe my body thought I had flipped my lid or something! haha!!

I wish you all great success with the program! :D

I am using the Ease into 5K app and I like it so far. I have NEVER been a fan of running and I actually look forward to it...granted, I am only on week 2.

I am not a runner but want to learn to be. I have a child I'm worried about learning my bad habits and she wants to win a race at school (next year) so I told her we could look into this. I don't have a smart phone or know how to use apps but anyone have an idea how to get started on this? I've heard the term before and would really like to try it... congrats to those finding success!