Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Goals

Hey guys,

So just a little bit about me first. I was banded on 1/25/2012 and tiped the scale at 327lbs. And as of this mornin the sale reads a lighter 262lbs. I couldnt be any more happier with my scale goals. But, it's the non-scale goals that I have been judging my success. Before I was banded I made a list of things I wanted to do when the pounds start shedding off. As of 2 weeks ago I have managed to acheve the top four on my list. In number four was to get up on on a surf board. Three, participate in a relay "hood to coast". Two get up on Water skies. And in number one after many years of failed atempts, a wake board.

And so now I need suggestions for more non-scale goals. I have been thinking sky diving and Seattle to Portland bike race. But, I would really like to hear your sugestions so I don't run out again.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

Just laying on the beach and watching a sunset , looking for sand dollars and realizing you do not look like a beached whale would be mine maybe should set some higher goals for myself huh :P .........................I am so happy for you and I think your attitude is wonderful... you go ....

Thanks Maya! And I'm sure you dont look like a beached whale. Which brings back a memory of mine when I was at my family's pool and my sister took a picture of me laying on the ground with my shrt off... Thats when I decided it was time to do something. And now I run around with out a shirt all the time. I guess what I'm trying to say is hang in there. Your time will come.

great news and congrats on the great weight loss.

my nsv are small and most likely different than anyone elses.

i am happy to be able to walk to my car in the parking lot without stopping and catching my breath.......or putting on clothes that i havent been able to in a long time.......(nothing like clothes that are getting tooo big).......and just being well in the mind and positive thinking. my little personal goals are continue to keep walking until i can walk around the block with my hub (and not have him run back for the car to pick up ole girl here) .......hopefully soon i shall get there :)

one of my most satisfying goals has been to develop appreciation and satisfaction with eating a Normo amount of food, going for hours without thinking of the next meal, and being satisfied with regular food amounts.

Also to wear clothing you have to go to "special stores' that don't even HAVE an XXX sized department.

Physical activity for me is being able to do chores around the place without pooping out, and being able to walk more than 50 feet without misery.

Giving up the CPAP was nice too.

Ran shirtless for the 1st time ever this summer - such a NSV for a former fat guy

Well, winter is coming to the Pacific northwest! Which means SNOW! So, this winter my nsv will be to get up to the mountain and strap on that snow bord and hit the slopes. Any one else plan on going up to the mountains this year?

Clothes and fashion are definitely up there, but I realised I'm going scuba diving this weekend and hope that being fitter and lighter, I'm looking forward to a smaller wetsuit, fewer weights and not consuming my air as quickly to enjoy more bottom time exploring the sea floor :)