Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor Day Weekend Bbq ...

Every year my Mother throws a Labor Day BBQ. This year was very different because I am banded (5 weeks post-op). I actually started on solids this week.

I made the usual potato salad and Pasta salads for the event (without eatting it). Usually when I make my salads I would have a bowl of each.

When the food was served I kept busy, I even stood in the pool with my granddaughter a little longer while everyone ate so I could mentally prepare myself . I ate a half of hot dog (no bun) I had bought over a few crackers and a slice of laughing cow lite cheese.

When dessert was served there was a large variety of cheesecakes set on the table, i took a very small fork full from my husbands for taste and served myself some fresh fruit.< /p>

I survived my first family outting with tons of food and managed. Yes, I am not going to lie there was temptation. I knew this was going to be the first in many temptations to come. While I sat at the table looking at all the food, I thought to myself how much I would of ate last year.

I will try hard to continue to not let food be the center of my world, at least for now I conquered one!

Congratulations, I am so very proud of you. Family dinners are always hard and you concord it. :-)

Congratulations, that's awesome! Sounds like you are well on your way to a succesful journey!

3 days post surguery I was at my parents 40th wedding anniversary, my doc has a 15 day post op full liquid diet... It sucked to sit there and watch and smell all the food. Everything worked out ok, I'm sick of the stupid shakes. I don't even try to make them taste good anymore, I just mix them as little as possible to keep the air down and get it down the hatch..

Congrats on your first BBQ!

I sure know how hard it is to see all the food and then realize you can't eat like you use too. We just celebrated an early Labor Day party and i always find it so difficult to stay on track. Family gatherings are not good for me! Way too much temptation! You did very well! Keep up the good work!! :)

Thank you everyone! It wasn't easy at all, pure willpower! I just had to keep talking to myself. This is only the beginning as I know I will have many many more temptations ahead of me.

Keep up the good work. 1 down ? To go. Good luck

Congratulations! This proves that you can do it!!!Karen

Good for you.

I know I can't eat as much but I am very picky of what foods to eat at events like this.

At a BBQ ill opt for 1 rib, a spoon of tater salad, a spoon of Beans, maybe a slice of brisket.

Then dessert round is, whatever I can basically scrape of the spatula or spoon the Desserts were served with.

Believe it or not I usually stay at about 1,000 calories for the day.