Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does all this water actually do?

Angel,

I was wondering when I read your post, why how much Water were you recommnded to drink? or if anyone else could give me some insight please..

I'm a Water addict, anyhow I was just wondering casue I never heard any instructions about drinking a specific amount of water.

Thanks

Magic,

You know what? I can't even remember what my doc actually said, I have just been looking stuff up on the net to get my numbers. Right now, I am trying to finish 3 liters a day. Usually I am lucky to finish 2! *sigh* guess I will just keep trying. This is still better than where I was. Good luck!

Was real busy at work and iam behind about 2 quarts but should have 2 by bed time. maybe all 3.. this is a little harder than it sound:D. with all the Water who has room for food. When I saw add 8oz for every 25 over:eek:.

Majior Question. is this flavored water OK? someone lie to me say YES

What that article says about your skin is true .When my husband and i were trying to think of all the diets i had done he said" There was one diet that made your skin look so good" and he was talking about a diet that i drank a lot of Water on:cool:

actually, the flavored water is ok. it's the carbonation in your dr pepper that works against hydration. like you can't replace seltzer Water for water even tho it has no other additives.

My Dr. told me to take my wieght and if it's 200 devide that by two and thats how many onces of Water a day I need to drink.. so you will need 100 if your 200 LBS.. :)

I did it for a while but you have to have a water bottle with you all of the time. I bought one of those PUR water filters that hooks to the sink and you can flip it to make it filter or not. they last me about 9 months so worth the cost, and you can get them at sams club. I felt much better after I started but have a hard time getting it all in with the rules of the band and drinking..

Flavored Water is the same thing as diet soda. It contains Water and aspartame. I'll count your flavored water as water if you count my diet Dr. Pepper.

I don't think you're supposed to count carbonated beverages as water (although I always used to when I drank them -- I figured liquid is liquid and as long as it's not caloric I'm counting it). But I've never read or heard anything that says you can't count flavored, non-carbonated water as water.

So I'll happily count your diet Dr. Pepper, but I don't know if you can :rolleyes

Willybe - I know what you mean about not having room for food. My appetite has changed drastically today. I'm on my 5th bottle of Water today - aiming for 6. Now we know that part of the article was right, don't we? *chuckles*

Everytime I have had to use the little girl's room today, I sing, "I'm gonna wash that fat right outta my bod! I'm gonna wash that fat right outta my bod!" hehe

I've found it easy to drink Water and get your Protein in at the same time. I bought several bottles of Isopure 0 carb drinks before my surgery. I pour one 20 oz bottle into a 64 oz Water bottle and then add an additional 20 oz of water to that. It tastes good and you get not only water, but Protein as well. When all of that is gone, I fill the bottle up with plain water and drink that till it's gone.

Good luck!

I like purchased flavored water, BUT I drink it as a treat. For mass gulping :biggrin1: , I use a Brita filter. The tap Water is a little yuk, but after filtering, it is just fine. At work, yep, I carry a water bottle all the time. Even at meetings. Too bad if no one likes it.

Im dying here. All this Water has made me and the toilet..best friends. I can't even eat b/c I'm not hungry.:grouphug: