Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has this happened to anyone?

:rolleyes: I've been battling a cold for the past week. Yesterday I took some cold medicine in the form of liquid gel pills. The first few doses went down just fine. But, about 11:30 last night, that dose felt like it sort of got stuck. After about four hours, I tried to dring something, but couldn't. It all came back up. This happened at work. When I got home, I still couldn't keep anything down. I had to soak in a hot tub of Water and go to sleep with a hot pack on my chest to calm my body down. About 3pm today, it took me about 30-45 minutes to get a glass of milk down, and carefully at that. About 5 pm I tried to eat something soft, but couldn't keep that down either. I'm going to do just liquids for the next 24 hours to see if it is only my stomach and esophagus that is irritated. Has anyone out there gotten something stuck and then had this reaction? Help!

:sick I am sick too right now. Sore throat, hoarse cough. As soon as I felt it come on... I started downing the chewable Vitamins, drinking herbal teas (as hot as I can) and chicken broth. Been on liquids only for about 38 hours now. I think it is working. Now I think it would work faster if I stopped smoking. :rolleyes:

Try not to take the liquid gel caps, maybe opt for some liquid Robitussin instead. My band is definitely tighter since I got sick. I have lost another 2 lbs. All Water weight I think though.

Sorry you are having problems. I haven't tried any liquid gels, in the past I stick to liquid tylenol...or anything liquid I can find.

I think staying on liquids for the next 24 to 48 hours will do you good. I know it's rough but you might need to give yourself a little rest.

sorry to hear about your troubles.

But I have to agree that this is the freakin cold/flu/pain season. that everybody I know is sick or getting sick....

I've had a TERRIBLE sinus pressure, took antibio's for 2 weeks, once it cleared up. I got a HORRIBLE sore throat, and ear pain. Once it was over, once again I got the worst neck pain I've ever got... Good luck, drink tea with lots of honey, or hot milk with honey....

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. You'd figure if you drank the pill would break and it would be over. I've never had a problem with pills, I do cut the larger ones up with a pill cutter or try to buy liquid meds as much as possible, I find they typically begin to work quicker anyways.

Hope ya get to feeling better soon!

Just FYI - nearly EVERY time I've ever had a fill, I also have residual ear/sinus issues. Interestingly, this thing is connected...

Thanks for everyone's support. I went to the doctor the next morning. I had to have an unfill because that liquid gel I took for my cold got lodged in my band, not allowing ANYTHING to pass. Even after the unfill, it two glasses of hot tea to push it through. Wow! What relief I have now. But, now I have to start all over again with the liquid only and mushie food days. I will be able to get refilled when I'm over this cold.

Sorry to hear that you're sick and even more sorry to hear about the pill getting stuck. Bless your heart!

I don't know if this works, but I read somewhere on here that if you put capsules in warm Water for a few seconds, the outside becomes gooey and slippery, making them easier to get through the band. Has anyone tried this?