Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had absurd chocolate cravings since surgery? Im doing great dieting but these cravings are the worst! Bad thing is i have never been a big candy eater!

' FEELIN IT '

Has anyone had absurd chocolate cravings since surgery? Im doing great dieting but these cravings are the worst! Bad thing is i have never been a big candy eater!

' FEELIN IT '

Me too !!!! i was amazed... im not a sugar lover as a rule. ive not had sugar in drinks ... tried to stay away from it for years... and now?? my goodness. lol. Its been the last two months ive felt like that... im five months post op.

Im 3 months post and it started two weeks ago! This seems so much harder to fight than any other food!

' FEELIN IT '

Get special kid chocolate or pecan

Sent from my SGH-T989 using LapBandTalk

Or make a choc Protein shake w strawberries....mmmmmm

I'm seven years out and I have truly awful sugar cravings at times.

Eating properly is the key to preventing them getting really out of hand. i find with the band, I may not feel physical hunger, but my body knows that it's not had enough energy and nutrition. I mean, I might get up and run 8kms, get ready for work, get the kids ready, make the beds, put on a load of washing, feed the pets, tidy up, get to work, run a sport lesson, teach for the morning - all on half a cup of yogurt! Then I might grab a small tin of tuna and five or six crackers for lunch, perhaps somewhere in there I'll eat a piece of fruit.< /p>

And then I wonder why I cave on the way home at 5.30 and call in at the supermarket for a feast of sugary carbs, and scoff an entire packet of biscuits before dinner? Stupid, when you think about it.

PROPER meals during the day doesnt prevent the thoughts of late afternoon sugar for me, but it does make me able to resist. My 140lb active body cannot live on 500 calories for an entire day until dinner time! I dont get actually hungry, but my appetite gets out of control and I end up binging.

I think a lot of bandsters seriously undereat. Yes, we want to lose, but if you want to lose fast and eat 800 calories a day AND exercise and never binge or pig out on bad foods, you're still going to need some serious willpower, because I dont think our bodies can be fooled for that long that we're underfeeding them. I had no trouble for the first year or two and then my body kind of wised up!

Not that I havent managed to lose all of my weight and maintain that loss, but the cycle of undereating then binging is really not what the band is meant to encourage.

Im 3 months post and it started two weeks ago! This seems so much harder to fight than any other food!

' FEELIN IT '

I agree. i think everyday ive had sugar either in a few sweets or some chocolate. i am losing weight but its slow. i dont mind that slow weight loss. What does concern me is my cravings for sugar right now. im having complex carbs.... i shouldnt be having these cravings.

Eating properly is the key to preventing them getting really out of hand. i find with the band, I may not feel physical hunger, but my body knows that it's not had enough energy and nutrition. I mean, I might get up and run 8kms, get ready for work, get the kids ready, make the beds, put on a load of washing, feed the pets, tidy up, get to work, run a sport lesson, teach for the morning - all on half a cup of yogurt! Then I might grab a small tin of tuna and five or six crackers for lunch, perhaps somewhere in there I'll eat a piece of fruit.< /p>

And then I wonder why I cave on the way home at 5.30 and call in at the supermarket for a feast of sugary carbs, and scoff an entire packet of biscuits before dinner? Stupid, when you think about it.

PROPER meals during the day doesnt prevent the thoughts of late afternoon sugar for me, but it does make me able to resist. My 140lb active body cannot live on 500 calories for an entire day until dinner time! I dont get actually hungry, but my appetite gets out of control and I end up binging.

I think a lot of bandsters seriously undereat. Yes, we want to lose, but if you want to lose fast and eat 800 calories a day AND exercise and never binge or pig out on bad foods, you're still going to need some serious willpower, because I dont think our bodies can be fooled for that long that we're underfeeding them. I had no trouble for the first year or two and then my body kind of wised up!

Not that I havent managed to lose all of my weight and maintain that loss, but the cycle of undereating then binging is really not what the band is meant to encourage.

this is so true. i eat about 1200 a day... some days more than that. im sure if i under ate i wouldnt be losing weight at all.

I have chocolate cravings when I am having my period...I will admit that I do allow myself a couple bites...after years of battling weight I have decided that it really isn't worth the battle to try to fight the cravings. I allow myself a little bit..I figure a little bit once a month won't hurt anything...I tell my husband it may even make me nicer. :) I try to even it out by walking a few more steps that day.

I think that cravings of any kind are natural and if you give in...then you admit it and get right back on the "horse" and start up again.

What about salt cravings. Most days I have to have a small bag of chips. I try to have 100 calorie chips. I don't buy it for home. If it is in my house at night I will eat the whole bag. What can I eat or take to get rid of my salt cravings. My blood pressure is not high. In fact, I am off of my high blood pressure medications. Any suggestions.

Wow, that is so crazy! I had my surgery back in March and I just started having chocolate cravings as well!!! Guess its our body telling us something. Who knows! If it gets to bad I have a piece. :(

Yea I have salt cravings too. Guess.its my old self tryn to get out.....I just have a sm bag of smart popcorn

I was banded Aug 1st and I am too afraid to have any real sweets. I did have some yogurt from Orange Leaf, small portion, and did great with it. Just made sure it worked into my daily calorie allowance.

I was tempted to have a small taste of a brownie at church Sunday, but was afraid of throwing up.

My sister had gastric and would get sick when she ate sweets.

Eating properly is the key to preventing them getting really out of hand. i find with the band' date=' I may not feel physical hunger, but my body knows that it's not had enough energy and nutrition. I mean, I might get up and run 8kms, get ready for work, get the kids ready, make the beds, put on a load of washing, feed the pets, tidy up, get to work, run a sport lesson, teach for the morning - all on half a cup of yogurt! Then I might grab a small tin of tuna and five or six crackers for lunch, perhaps somewhere in there I'll eat a piece of fruit.< /p>

Not that I havent managed to lose all of my weight and maintain that loss, but the cycle of undereating then binging is really not what the band is meant to encourage.[/quote']

So true. I'm 3 months post op & sometimes I barely eat which I know is not good. I want to lose my weight in a healthy way. I have to make a serious effort to remember to eat.

And yes...my name is Tina & I'm addicted to sugar:). Lol...i don't eat as much as I use to but I still have & crave it. I've found that just buying a Hersey bar helps me b/c I can just break off a few pieces. I also will sometimes have a couple of those premade Cookies. By buying the cookie dough I can just pop a couple in the oven vs making a whole batch homemade or prepackaged.