Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Is It..??

That now that I have reached my first goal...

Why does a size 10 not look like a size 10 I thought would look on me?

Weird! I know I bought a 10 because thats what the jeans say but my brain and eyes dont see a 10? Does this change?

It will change over time...your "head" has not yet caught up with your body. There is an entire psychology about size and the reasons why your head (and automatic thoughts) and scale number frequently don't match.

I still struggle with purchasing smaller sizes...and for several months after reaching "onederland" when I thought about what my weight was, the number would automatically always begin with a "2"...as it had for the previous few years.

You are still in the process of adjusting to the concept of the new you...

Best wishes...

I still see the old me.... uff! Sometimes tho I see a picture of me now and I can't believe it's me. But looking in them mirror... it's usually the old me.

My first thought when I put on a pair of my regular jeans and they are WAY too big is...huh, what happened to my pants? Not - hey, you've dropped 4 sizes, now your smaller pants are too big, good job....but, huh, maybe they need washed in hot Water to shrink back up? It seems like something is wrong with my clothes vs. me actually losing and fitting into smaller things!!

I haven't been able to give myself any credit yet along the way. This really frustrates my husband, because I still don't see the difference and he can't understand how I couldn't see it. Yeah, most of my clothes are way too big (including my bras), but looking in the mirror I still see the same person.

Glad Im not the only one that has this issue! In time my brain will catch up and see the new me! and BRAS! OH Lordy lets not even get started on that topic! haha!

I barely lost any weight, yet my skirt is falling off. I look like a total fool and should not be wearing it! But I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that my skirt is big. I guess it just takes time!

It hits me really strange sometimes; at my skinniest in the past 15 years, which happened to be last year around March (I was 2 pounds lighter than I am right now) I bought this super cute size 12 jean skirt for my friends wedding. Out of sheer curiousity I put it on yesterday, thinking I am still a few months away, and it fit perfect! I was a very bizzare feeling.

Seems our bodies are continue to change...like stuff is readjusting or something..I know that sounds so crazy!

My head hasn't caught up with my body yet. 21 months ago I couldn't fit into most chairs comfortablly... Hated clothes but today I still am shocked when a small top fits me and my butt and hips measures 38 inches. 21 months ago it was 77 inches.... I am not sure when I will feel comfortable but I will tell you that the size 14s I bought 4 months ago which I was SO HAPPY to buy... look and are ginormous! So maybe I am getting there ;)

All these stories, just give me more strength to keep going, and continue my good eating habits... I starter at 22 size and now I am a size18, 44 pounds later, had my surgery done 6 monts ago, and finally on my green zone after my last fill, can't wait to really start loosing my extra weight. You ladies are such an inspiration for me... Thank you..

All these stories, just give me more strength to keep going, and continue my good eating habits... I starter at 22 size and now I am a size18, 44 pounds later, had my surgery done 6 monts ago, and finally on my green zone after my last fill, can't wait to really start loosing my extra weight. You ladies are such an inspiration for me... Thank you..

Gloria-

Thanks! Im glad you find us sharing stories inspiring! I never thought I! would be inspirtation to anyone!!

Keep pushing forward and before you know it you will be at your goal! We all stumble at times I think...Its just important not to stay down!

I was banded on November 21st so my weight has come off slow...!

Good luck and if I can be of any help! Let me know! :D

short answer - no, probably not!

At seven years out, I am not happy with a size 8 (I'm five feet 10) and keep striving for those moments where I briefly fit into a size 6. I think my ass is big, I hate my saddlebags, I'm fretting over baring my winter flabby white body in a bikini in Thailand in three weeks time, I have cellulite on my thighs, ....... Need I go on?

Everyday is still a diet for me - I get up, plan to be good, fail to be as good as I planned! Yet obviously as I maintain 145lb give or take, I'm doing what I need to.

Its so weird. On the one hand I am ecstatic with having lost 120lb and kept it off for seven years. On the other, I'm just as unhappy with my body as I ever was. I have accepted that I am nuts and will never overcome this particular issue. A lifetime of weight battles leaves its legacy.