Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Had Your Surgery And ..

now, how are you feeling?

what are you doing now that you weren't doing then??

i had my surgery in June on the 6th. thus far am 53 pounds off and (hopefully more--i only weigh once a month so dont know what the pound loss is today) but i have lost about 6 sizes. (trouble with being short and wide as i am tall) :wub:

i feel so much better. i am more mobile and i am loving life again. and i am loving me again.

what i am doing now that i wasnt? going into stores without being embarrassed and now i am able to walk through them without fearing i will die of heart attack.

love my band and i love my plication (no fills yet).

what about you?

buying in regular stores not in the WOMANS DEPT

exercising

completed a half marathon on bicycle

stopped one of my bp meds

wearing color

wearing leggings to exercise in

thats a start

Today I'm feeling frustrated...kind of dark and stormy like the weather. I've not been able to get some exercise for a week due to surgery last week...and will still have to delay exercise for another week after more surgery this week.

Other than that, I greatly appreciate the ability to be more active with less pain. I'm focused on the future, and the possibilities to continue to improve my health.

That's important to me...as by this time next year, my husband will be retiring and our plans of moving back to the mountains will be realized, God willing. I'm going to be ready and in shape to enjoy this journey.

Today, isnt so bad. I am gloomy, like Sojourner.. the weather here is bleak too. I have gone down on the scale a bit. And I seem to be in control of my eating a bit more too. I was going to call the doc for a fill already today, but I am in control and comfortable.

I havent lost any sizes yet, I am looking forward to it. I hope it will come!! I want to ride a bike again!!

I love this topic. I have lost about 42 pounds and am not able to;

--take long walks following my 4 year old who is riding his bike.

--I am wearing a size 18W--which is awesome since I was in a 28

--using a small plate and actually being full/satisfied when I'm finished

--I am finding myself making plans for activities that will involve lots of walking--such as hiking, museum and zoo trips, etc.

I know this isn't much...but it's a start.

I am able to:

- actually jog and exercise

- go to a fitness class and not feel awkward

-wear regular size cute clothes!

- wear my high heels again without worrying about my feet swelling

-cross my legs comfortably

- to be in the front of a picture instead of hiding behind others

-to not have to take any medications!!

Love my band!!

I'm loving me!!!! It has been so very long since I felt good about myself and now, I truly enjoy being me. I wear cloths that are fitted (no longer wear tents), I enjoy exercising (I can't believe I just said that) and I love the looks I keep catching from my husband.

I love my band cause it got me to love me again!!!!

I was banded 2 years ago and have lost 110 pounds. I love to feel my collor bones. I know that sounds crazy but I touch my bones all the time. I just never had that experience before. My walking partner and I had to cut our walk short last night because of other obligations-we did 2 miles without breaking a sweat. I have to add incline to the machine to get my heart rate up. Before 5 minutes and I was out of breath.

I was banded 2 years ago and have lost 110 pounds. I love to feel my collor bones. I know that sounds crazy but I touch my bones all the time. I just never had that experience before. My walking partner and I had to cut our walk short last night because of other obligations-we did 2 miles without breaking a sweat. I have to add incline to the machine to get my heart rate up. Before 5 minutes and I was out of breath.

I have only lost 42 pounds and I have found myself touching my collar bones alot...and even looking at them in the mirror to see if they are more visable than the day before. Oh...the little things. :)

Wow, such motivational answers to all! Keep the faith and be positive!

We are in this, together!

Not banded yet, but very inspirational to read responses. Can't wait to get this party started!!!

I have lost 103 pounds and now Ive walked a warrior dash, am training for a 5k and have 2 more races scheduled for tge year. Im wearing a 14(from a 26), i just had a photo shoot done because Um being highlighted at my bariatric clinic because Ive been so successful, and IM HAPPY!!

I love this! Before I lost weight, I would read things like these and think how nice would that be. I still get a little choked up when these things happen to me.

Wearing regular sizes! The first time I put on a size 10 I had to sit down in the dressing room because I was so overwhelmed. And this was after I tried on the 16, then the 14, then the 12 and finally the 10!

Definitely seeing and feeling bones! who knew they were there!

Seeing before pictures and seeing a HUGE difference!

Running with my kids and not being out of breath.

not even worrying that I will need the seatbelt extender on a plane.

Good luck to everyone! Its the best feeling to finally feel good and everyone is capable!!!!!

I am 9.5 months post surgical and down nearly 90 lbs. I actually like pictures now (not all, we still have bad days and bad angles lol) I can walk and hike again without feeling like I'm dying, in fact when I walk my dogs they get tired long before I do. I can get up and down from the floor quite easily. I love seeing my collar bones!! I love wearing normal clothes not being in the plus sized section. I love putting on some of my old clothes that used to be tight and drowning in them...in fact my hubby (who has really gone every step of the way with me and has lost 80lbs in the process) and I recently put put on an old pair of my "work out" pants...we both fit in a leg of those pants, granted they were tighter with both of us in them than they were when I wore them but it was still amazing to see)